peaceful slumber

"Ma...sleep na tayo?" Rj is laying in bed, ready to sleep.

"Okay..." Maine lays down next to him but keeps on tossing and turning.

"What's wrong, Love?"

"Pa?"

"Hmmm?" he replies, eyes slightly heavy with sleep.

"....can I lay here?" Maine adjusts her head so that she is on his abdomen. She grabs his arm and embraces it like a pillow while resting her face in his armpit.

Rj strokes her hair and scalp and soon, she is fast asleep.

His armpit has been her "comfort zone". She likes resting her face in it either when they are just hugging or snuggling in bed. She feels safest when she gets a whiff of his scent. On the other hand, Rj loves resting his lips on her shoulder. On many occasions, he would hug her and readily position his face and lips on her shoulder and close his eyes. The softness of her skin was comforting to him.

They slept in this position with her on his belly for a couple of hours until she automatically shifted back to her place beside him. And, like magnets attracted to each other, Rj readily cuddled her as he turned to his side; enveloping her in the cavern created by his curved body. In the morning, Maine woke up to Rj's warm breath on her neck.

She turned and kissed him on the nose. She pulled her head back a little and watched him sleep. She kissed him again on the nose and closed her eyes. Rj slowly opened his eyes and kissed Maine on the forehead. His forehead kisses assured her that he would always protect her and that he truly loved her. He kept his lips on her forehead as she slowly opened her eyes and moved her head.

"Good morning, Pa..." Maine smiled.

"Good morning....I love you..." Rj replied.

"I love you more" Maine said as she patted his arm and rubbed his back.

"Sige nga....patingin nga ng more?" Rj teased.

"....Hmm...." Maine wiggled her eyebrows as she moved her hand down and under the covers. She brushed her hand against his front teasingly.

"Ma naman...." Rj could not contain the brewing feeling within him. He pulled the covers over them as she moved down and gave him "more" than he expected.