cave

"Do you want to explore the area?"

"I guess..."

"Tara! Let's go over there...."

They follow a mountain trail which lead them into the thick forest. The dew from the morning had not evaporated as quickly as expected due to the cloudy climate. They walked hand in hand and helped each other because a lot of the trail "disappeared" because of the ground cover. Some parts of their path had puddles which they had to skirt around. After a few hours of walking, Maine said that she was tired and that she wanted to head back to camp.

As they were walking back, a slight drizzle started. However, it turned into rain so they didn't have a choice but to run for cover. Rj remembered seeing a cave along the way so he grabbed Maine's wrist and they ran to the cave to seek shelter.

"Are you okay?" Rj asked once they were inside the cave; not very deep in as it was dark.

"Yes, thanks....And you?"

"I'm fine....here, let me fix this...." He removed his polo shirt and draped it over Maine's head when the rains started; now, he pulled it over her bare shoulders. She was wearing a thin cami-blouse and shorts while he had a t-shirt underneath his polo shirt.

Rj reached into his pocket and offered Maine his handkerchief to wipe off some of the water from her arms. After wiping herself, she reached up and tried to dry Rj's rain-drenched hair.

They sat down amongst the rocks facing the cave's opening. This not only provided light but also to let them see if the rains had stopped.

"I guess we're stuck here for a while...."

"How long?"

"I don't know...."

Maine sighed. Rj moved closer and wrapped his arm around her. She leaned her head on his shoulder. "Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For protecting me....for taking care of me...."

"Sus! Eh you also take care of me...." He said as he looked down and kissed her on the head.

After a long while, the rain was still pouring in a heavy, steady manner. They moved in a little more inside the cave and leaned against a boulder. Maine had actually fallen asleep so Rj lay her on his polo which he spread on the ground. He walked around the cave to explore a little bit. He returned just as Maine woke up.

She sat up, looked at him and smiled.

"Hi! Did you rest well?" He said as he approached.

"....where did you come from?"

"I just toured the place a little....but I don't think you'd like to go in further....it's kinda dark and slippery...."

Maine just nodded and stood up to go nearer the cave entrance. "This rain doesn't look like it's going to stop soon....hinahanap na kaya tayo?"

"....Siguro....may sequences pa tayo e...."

"Oo nga..." Maine chuckled.

"Come here nga...." Rj called to Maine. He was playfully balancing on a rock.

Maine approached as he teetered on the rock and "fell" toward Maine as she came closer. She reached out to hold his elbow but he quickly moved his arms to rest them on her shoulders. He pressed his forehead against hers and they were face to face. They smiled at each other.

"Hello there, Miss Maine..." He bent his elbows so her face was just a few inches from his. She embraced him at the waist.

"Hi Tans" Maine smiled back.

They rubbed noses and giggled. Then, Rj pulled back a little while staring at Maine's lips. She, too, looked at his lips as she slightly opened her mouth. Rj tilted his head, leaned in and pressed his lips against Maine's. Rj nibbled and sucked gently on Maine's lips and pushed his tongue between them until he felt her tongue. He swirled his tongue in her mouth as she playfully and passionately kissed him. Her arms moved from his waist to his back, her palms rubbing him.

Rj pulled away a little to catch his breath and began kissing Maine again from the forehead down her ear and jaw and her neck. He stayed at her neck and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I love you...." He said as he closed his eyes and swayed her slowly.

"I love you, too" She said as she straightened up so that he had to straighten up, too. She looked him directly in the eyes, something she could not do when they first met each other face to face.

With an arm still over her shoulder, they looked out of the cave and saw that the rains had stopped. "Tara na?" He asked.

"Okay...." she replied. They picked up his polo shirt and walked back to camp.