Part 6

I wake up from another dreamless sleep. I pull myself off the pullout bed and hit the purple button. I grab my bag as the bed pulls itself back into a couch. I sit down and open my bag, I grab some black jeans and close it up. I pull off my sweater, a shiver rolls down my back as the cold air hits my skin under the crop top. My shirt is still clean so I only change my pants and underwear. I walk to the kitchen and check the fridge, it's cold inside. I inspect the stove, all the burners work and so does the oven. I move to the bathroom. It's full of makeup and stuff, I smile, Mettaton always said we would have a makeover weekend just the two of us. I dip my head over the bathtub and wash my hair. I towel dry it and look in the mirror. I see a princess staring back at me, I look no different, I'll be found in no time. I grab the hair scissors and cut my hair down to a bob, about 5 inches off. I bleach the tips of my hair blond, then purple. I check the mirror, I'm so different, but it's still me. I grab the costume kit and see what's in it, eye colour changing drops. Brown, blue, green, yeah let's do green. I add the drops to my eyes, they tingle for a second. After the tingling stops I check the mirror, my eyes are the most beautiful emerald green! I'm totally different now, I'm not frisk anymore, I'm Fern. I grab my phone and listen to some music.

FLASHBACK!
Sans pov:

I exit the castle as frisk goes off to ballet, like the princess she is. I march over to the old warehouse, and turn around to the back entrance. I take a deep breath and enter the building. It's old and dusty, been abandoned for a few years now. Alphys said there was a machine, she needed to know what it was for. Why would muffet pour so much money into a few pieces of scrap metal just to leave it behind. I walk around until I find it, a huge machine glowing as blue as an echo flower. I approach, before tripping face first on the control panel.

END OF FLASHBACK!

Back to Frisks pov:
I was listening to some music when the door unlocked with a solemn click. I jump to my feet quickly and quietly, the door slowly creaks open. I rush around the corner till I'm just out of view, headphones out and my back against the wall. The door opens fully, after a few silent moments, it closes. I silently sank against the wall, holding my knees against my chest.
"Darling?" It's Mettaton. "Darling please tell me your here, Undyne isn't with me, we just need to know your ok."
"I'm here," I say quietly with a sigh.
"Oh thank goodness, everyone is searching for you!"
"I'm not going back," I roll my eyes getting to my feet. Mettaton turns the corner and sees me, he gasps at my new look.
"Your eyes are the wrong colour!" He grabs my arm and heads back to the bathroom. Confusion clear on my face.
"Wait, what?"
"Purple and green don't go like that! Your eyes need to me blue!" He sits me on the edge of the bathtub. We fix my eye colour, he looks over me.
"Frisk darling you are gorgeous," he smirks.
"It's Fern now," I smile sheepishly, looking at my lap. He just laughs.