Part 26

"I'm waiting, you want revenge? Come and get it. I'm not hiding, I'm in the echo fields. It's your only chance, I'll be locked up for the rest of my life once I'm caught again. So you want me? Come. And. Get. Me."
I send the audio message to Grillbys phone, the make an actual call.
"Please don't pick up... please don't pick-"
"Kiddo?"
"Uh, hey sans," I bit my lip. "Listen um, I won't be able to hang out anymore."
"No actually I talked to the king, we'll be able to organize visits," he tries to cheer me up.
"Sans, that's, that's not it."
"Kiddo? What's wrong?" His voice is instantly full of concern.
"Nothing sans, nothing's wrong-"
"Lie, I'm coming over."
"I'm not home sans, and I won't be going back, ever."
"Kiddo what's going on? Your really scaring me now," I can tell he's moving now.
"Sans, I just want to thank you, for convincing me that love is real, after I spent so thinking it wasn't."
"Frisk stop you're scaring me please! Where are you, I'll come and get you everything will be fine!"
"Everything will be fine, I promise sans. Hey um, mind doing me a favour?"
"Anything frisk just tell me what's-"
"Find out who really killed Grillbys wife?" He goes silent. "He needs to know the truth," he air behind me gets warmer, he's already here. "Got to go, I love you."
"Frisk don't you dare hang up."
Click
I take a deep breath and turn around, I can barely recognize him. He looks like a pitch black fire monster with bright amber eyes.
"You win darkness," he approaches me. "You've claimed two lives, an now you have a third, Chara, Grillby, and now I guess you have me."
I reach my palm out, my talisman in my pocket. "But if you really want me, you'll have to work for me," I turn and run, I feel him chase me.