Part 8

FLASHBACK

sans pov:

The hissing of pressure and the turning of gears has me spin on my heels. A door at the end of the large machine opens, like a pod or something. Alphys never actually told me what this thing was, I wonder what it does. Curiosity gets the better of me, I walk towards the opening. I step inside, the walls are lined with notes. Papers scribbled, I take a look at at some of them.
Line G-18 shows a cannibalistic world... Dangerous... Will now be known as... Horrortale...
What? That's a completely different timeline, only the Sans's can travel between them right? What does this machine do?
"Please stand clear of the door," a voice says over the speakers. I back from the door and it shuts in my face, I bang on the glass but it must be strengthened. "Activating sleep procedure, time set to 8," jeez, what have I done now? And what on earth is a sleep procedure? How long will it last? 8 days? 8 weeks? 8 months? I bang on the glass some more when a white gas fills the small pod like chamber. The world around me spins as the temperature drops like mad. The cold soon has me going numb, the world fades away from me. I gotta get out, I made a promise to frisk and I can't break it, not now. My strength drains off me and I fall to the floor, I lean against the wall and pull my knees to my chest.
"S-sorry, k-k-kiddo."
I manage stutter out, before
everything fades to black.