Part 23

Mettaton is released, im put on bail that's paid by the king and queen with serious 'worry'. How long can they keep up this act? I sigh and retire to my room, all emotion draining from me as I remember sans staring at me. I pull a book from my shelf, my old journal. I loom through it, I managed to rid myself of the darkness once. How did i?

FLASHBACK!

Leave my head," I whimper as I draw yet another line across my wrist. Give over control, your nothing, we can make your existence memorable...
I shake my head no and draw another line, scarlet drops stream from my arm. I draw another line with the shard from my broken mirror.
"Darling!" I look up and see mettaton in the doorway to the bathroom. I didn't even hear him enter my room!
"Mettaton I can-" I pulled to my feet and he cleans my arm without a word. He finishes and puts his arms around me, I cry into his chest.
"My head is full of voices, they won't leave me alone."
"Darling have you told anyone?"
"Father doesn't care, he thinks it's all for attention," I curl into a smaller ball.
"Darling, I'm here for you, please, stop this," his words are sincere, he hugs me tightly as if trying to absorb the depression that surrounds my soul.
"Thank you Mettaton," I whisper as I wipe my eyes.
"Frisk? I my old house, I still own it but I never use it," I look at him. "You can have it when your 18, you can leave this place."
I have no words, I throw my arms around his neck.
"Thank you, thank you so much..."

END OF FLASHBACK!

Hope... hope is how I had rid myself of the darkness before... ha, what hope?
The voices should have returned by now, but I bet there with Grillby, he can't control himself. I pull out my phone and sign into the police network with the kings account. What did sans do?