Chapter 6

This was my second month in Nathryn High Academy. I had managed to make so many friends that made me all so happy. I walked into my class, more confidently everyday. Today was valentines day, and "love" was in the air. "Morning Aleece," Sabby said cheerfully, we had been closer than ever, we spoke a whole lot and she made me forget about my problems. She was amazing. "But Renaea he still loves you," A boy named Peter half shouted as his friend Nick punched him in the arm, "No I don't," Nick added as he looked down at the ground. "Whatever, don't you even try talk to me again Nick, oh and as for you Peter, stick your nose some place else," Renaea said evidently irritated by them. Turns out Nick and Renaea were a thing back in middle school, which was really ironic considering Nick was the class clown and Renaea was more of a serious girl. I laughed and winked at Renaea. "Aleece Rallekc get your fine booty here right now," Renaea screamed across the classroom with a slight giggle. "Yes ma'am." I walked over to what high school called a "clique" basically the people you hung around with constantly in school premises. There was six of us including me. There was Renaea, Danielle who had short curly hair, with a nigerian, Australian descend. Then there was Leah who was very tall and had a pixie cut, that framed her face almost too well, she had deep grey eyes with blonde tipped eyelashes. She was almost unreal. We also had Fawn and Sabby, who were familiar with each other like they had met in a previous life, And then there was me. It also turned out that Georgina didn't need me anymore, figures. I should've seen it coming. Later that day after school, I reached home to find an empty house. There was a note on the kitchen counter from my mum, stating that she had to work late in the office for she had a big annual meeting coming up. There was a plate on the table with a piece of paper with my name on it. It was dinner, mum's meat loaf with pumpkin puree. I decided to clean off first before I had anything to eat. I climbed up the wooden staircase to my room, I placed my uniform in the laundry bin and headed to the bathroom naked. I was home alone, I didn't think the walls would mind. I picked up my phone on the way in and filled the tub with warm water and rosemary scented soap for bubbles. The tub filled slowly as the soap started to leather with the force of the water from the faucet, light, pastel, pink bubbles formed in sequence in the white tub. I turned the tap off and climbed in. I let my body feel every inch of that bath tub, I couldn't remember the last time I had felt this relaxed. I picked my phone, off the bathroom sink counter and checked my messages. A message stared at my face in bold from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN : I MISS YOU BEAUTIFUL

My heart started beating at a fast pace, I didn't know who this person was. My first initial reaction was to call the number and that I did. The phone line, rang and rang, until someone picked up. It was quiet for a while so I decided to break the silence "Um, who is this," I asked trying not to let the rosemary bubbles block my ears. "You sound exactly the same Alana." A voice so familiar, so sincere spoke back in a deep voice. Pierre. "Pierre?" My voice shaking with hesitation. "Hello Alana Leece, I miss you. How's everything?" His voice firm and fast. Before I knew it I felt tears stinging my eyes. I missed him so much, How could he just call out of the blue like this. When he left last year, he never even called me or told me when he was actually leaving. He just left, and the next thing I know he's in a picture with another girl kissing her neck. Why was this happening now? "Alana?" His voice boomed into the phone. "Stop, just shut up, Don't call me Alana, only my mother calls me that." I said as tears slid down, one by one into the pink champagne colored water. The phone line went dead, I could hear him breathing on the other end. 'If I recall correctly I called you Alana too." "Well you've lost that right." "I will do everything in my power to gain that right back." I couldn't take it anymore. I sat up straight in the tub, as I looked at my hands that were now turning this light shade of pink and were already starting to prune. I started sobbing. Pools of tears ran down my cheeks as I tried my best to control my breathing. "Alana, I'm sorry," His voice finally won over my crying. "Sorry? that's it?" I half yelled into the phone. "You left Pierre, You knew how much I loved you, and you just left, And who the hell was that girl huh? You leave me in the fucking dark and all of a sudden I see you with another girl, And you didn't have the decency to reply to any of my messages and now, After 4 fucking months, You show up in my inbox like nothing ever happened, and all you can say for yourself is sorry? You're sick" I could feel my lungs burning and my vision blurring up no matter how much I wiped my eyes. "I love you Alana, I couldn't bare to say goodbye to you. Please give me another chance, to prove that I love you very much Alana." I went silent, I couldn't speak. I wanted this second chance more than anything in this world, but what if I was just a fool. "Fine," I blurted out even before my convinced mind could persuade my hurting heart. "I give you the right," "Right to what?" His voice sounded confused. "I give you the right to hold a trigger to my heart again." "I love you Alana Leece, I wouldn't pull that trigger." "Yeah, that's what you said 2 bullets ago." I heard the front door open and my mum's voice fill the air "Alana?" "Say hello to your mum for me?" Pierre snickered through the phone. "Ha, that's funny." I said through gritted teeth "I have to go, bye." "Alana Leece wait." "What damn it?" I could hear my mum's footsteps pacing the staircase "Pierre?" I screamed. "I love you." he said quickly. The bathroom door opened and I ended the call, my music continued just on cue. "Oh hi dear, I didn't mean to just barge in, continue, I'll see you in a bit" "Okay mum." As she closed the bathroom door to leave, my phone received a text message.

UNKNOWN : LOVE ME? -PIERRE

I tapped the message box and started typing slowly trying my best not to wet my phone.

ME : YES. -ALANA LEECE

oh boy, What did I get myself into --- again.