Chapter 35

So there we stood. In the middle of a packed fair ground. I wanted to go home but my conscious would eat me up if I just left Bill and Sam here. I decided to push everything away I knew that as long as I didn't see Knowlen I would be okay. I turned around and faced Haley and Bill. "I'll be okay," I said with a smile. "Okay I'll go call Sam from the hot dog stall and we can -" before Bill could finish his sentence someone knocked into him, they had stumbled and they were both lying on the ground. "Bill!" Haley and I screamed at the same time. "I'm fine, I'm fine," Bill said standing up again as he dusted his clothes. "This idiot just couldn't watch where-" Bill slowly looked up and a petite girl stood before him, her face looked scared. "I'm so sorry," She said loudly. "Oh please forgive me, I didn't mean to bump into you, you are right, I'm an idiot, I'm so sorry." The girl spoke fast. Bill stared at her with a blank expression on his face. Haley and I pretended not to notice the situation and we were just smiling at each other awkwardly. "Um, no, don't call yourself an idiot, you're not. You seem cool, um no not cool, I mean not that you're not cool but like your not cool cool, wait, no, I'm not calling you a loser. You are not a loser. Oh god. Okay, you're pretty, um wait what?" Bill said stuttering over every word he said. The girl giggled and pushed her brownish blonde hair behind her ears. "That's okay, nerves get the best of me too, probably why I ran into you in the first place. Literally, by the way I'm Carla," she extended her hand and Bill accepted it graciously. "Aren't you going to tell me your name?" The girl said with a laugh. "Oh, yeah I'm sorry, My name's Bill." I looked at Haley and we laughed. Carla looked at us and smiled. "Hi I'm Haley." "And I'm Aleece," I finished. "Are you here alone?" I said, it was so obvious Bill was into her and I was hoping she wanted to hang around with us. "Actually, yes I am. I came with my mother and cousins but they took the lead home, they said I could stay out till 12:30 since I live around the block." "That's great!" Bill said with so much joy. "It is?" Carla questioned slowly. "Yeah it is, we were going to ditch this place anyway and go to the, um the, the bleachers." "What?" I said in a aggressive tone. They all looked at me with funny expressions. I cleared my voice and started over. "I mean, are we seriously going to the bleachers?" "Yeah, we can just go talk and stuff, what do you say Carla?" Bill said. "Um yeah, sure." Carla said with a giggle. "Why not." Bill led the way as he picked up Sam from the stand. Haley and I followed from the back. "I'm so happy we're friends now," Haley said in a small tone. "Me too, I feel like I've known you forever," I said with a smile. It was true, Haley was so sweet and kind and she had this aura about her that made me feel safe. "If you need anything, I'm going to be here for you," Haley said as we continued walking. "Likewise." The rest of our walk was quiet. We finally reached the bleachers and a thousand memories set in. I pushed them all back, I couldn't do this at the moment, not now. As we walked up the stairs, I could hear voices that I recognized. It was Zan and his friends, they stood amongst the staircase. They all looked down when they saw us approach. Bill, Carla and Haley walked straight passed them, I didn't blame them, they didn't know who they were. I felt bad, these were once my friends. Well, acquaintances. But still, I knew them. As I walked up I stopped in front of Zan. He hung his head. "Zan," My voice soft. He slowly looked at me. "I- I forgive you," I said with a smile. He smiled back at me, I turned around and Felix stood before me. I touched his shoulder with my hand. "Felix," I said with a nod and smile. "Aleece," he said giving me a full smile. "See you guys around," I said. I continued walking up the staircase to catch up with the others, when Felix's voice echoed through the walls. "Aleece," I turned around, they were all facing me. All ten of them. "Thank you," Felix said. I smiled and continued running up. For the first time in my life I felt sure of this decision.
"Forgive and forget"
was the saying, wasn't it?
I wished all situations were that easy to fix.
All.