Chapter 32

"Aleece?"
"ALEECE!"
"Fuck," I screamed as I hit the floor with a thud. "What the-" I looked around me and the house was in pitch black apart from the closing credits for The Fault In Our Stars. (I started feeling emotional and decided to watch a dumb romantic movie) I scrambled to my feet and ran to the nearest light switch and made my way to the door. I opened it up and Bill stood in front of me. "Hi, um it's 7:30 and we just thought we'd come wait here," he said looking at me up and down. Sam on the opposite side clearly enjoying this. "Oh shut up, get inside." They followed me inside and took a seat at the breakfast bar. "There's apple pie and juice in the fridge, I'm going to get ready," I mumbled scratching my head, Bill slowly opened the fridge and I headed up stairs. I opened the bathroom door and had a shower, the water was cold and clear, it woke me up immediately. I got out and headed to my room in my towel, I swore I heard Sam snicker but I paid no attention to him. I dried off my body and put on my black shirt and shorts. I looked homeless but I was not in a mood to get dolled up and after falling asleep on a coach and having to wake up by landing on the floor, I wasn't even sure I wanted to go to this thing anymore. I picked up a flannel, it was Knowlen's. He gave it to me the third time we had allegedly went on a date. It was red and blue, perfect shades to contrast the amount of black I had on. I rummaged my hair with my towel (a lame attempt to dry it. Ha. It never works) and let my hair fall against my shoulders an back. I looked crazy. I rolled my eyes and threw my towel on my bed. I closed my room door shut and headed down stairs. "Jesus christ, who's funeral are you going to emo-leece," Sam said with a laugh. "HA HA HA. So funny," I said with a blank expression on my face. "You okay?" Bill said his fork still in his mouth, they were drinking milk with their apple pie, classic. Why didn't I think of that. "Nothing, just one of those days, I guess," I said with a shrug. "Let's go then," Bill said talking away their half finished milk and apple pie dishes to the sink. "Hey, I wasn't finished," Sam piped up, but Bill kept walking. I grabbed my money and the keys to the house and tied my flannel around my waist. Bill looked at me as I did so, Like I was crazy or something. "New fashion?" He said with a smile. "I think so," I said unsure. We closed the door behind us and started towards the huge square next to the courts. The square was used for football games, fairs and suburb events. It was cool, It was like you and your neighborhood had a little world just for yourselves. As we approached the square we could already hear the loud music and see the lights that lit up the night. We entered from the back of the fair and slowly fell in with the crowd. There were children, teenagers, you name it, everyone was there. The grounds looked so alive. It was amazing, Stalls full of clothes, technology, accessories, food even fortune telling. This place was packed but yet, a thousand people surrounded me and I was still just looking for one. Knowlen. It was stupid of me but I wanted to see him, I wanted to know why he was brushing me off like I was nothing lately. Just like that I saw his face, he was walking towards us, he wore a black jersey and these checkered pants. His hair was still the same as always and his lips were perked up as he walked towards us. He looked at me and smiled, and he came to a halt right in front of me. His hands in his pockets as he looked from side to side. "Knowlen," My voice sounded so small. His eyes met mine. "Hug me, fuck," I said with a giggle. He burst into laughter and extended his arms out. His body crashed into mine. Home. It felt so good to be in his arms again, my head was buried in his chest, his chin propped on my damp hair and his hands on my back and waist. The heat coming off his body sent a shiver down my spine. I missed him so much. He back away and avoided looking at me in the eyes. "What's wrong?" Before he could answer a girl in white and pink appeared. Her hair was in bun and she had a brown bag on shoulders. "Knowlen," she screamed. She reached for him and jumped into his arms. He was carrying her and he was avoiding looking at me. "Aleece," I felt Bill's hand on my shoulder. I pushed past Knowlen as he lost his grip on the girl he was holding. "Woah, watch it princess," The girl snapped at me, I froze in my shoes but resisted turning around. I felt a tear stream down my face and I continued walking. Fuck everything.