Chapter 37

The fair ended at around 1am.
Bill and Sam had volunteered to take Carla home and Haley and I decided to walk down to our houses together. The streets weren't as crowded as it was a few hours ago, but the lights from the fair still managed to light up the whole neighborhood. "I'm hungry," I said as we walked along the foot path. "Oh god me too, I just realized we never ate anything while we were at the fair." Haley said and she was right, we hadn't eaten anything and I knew the only thing waiting at home for me was a half eaten apple pie and probably a quarter packet of milk. "Where do you want to go then?" I asked her eagerly. "We can go to the milk shack and buy some soda and whoopie pies," Haley said with a smile. "Can we buy a can of pringles too and some red bull? I need to stay awake so I can binge watch some more pointless drama movies on my mum's hard drive," I said with a laugh. We took an opposite turn at the end of our street and walked up to the milk shack. The milk shack was like a little shop just around the corner that sold anything and everything, including food. Cakes, sushi, biscuits mostly goods that could last or sell out fast. It was always packed, it was like a tiny café and supermarket, the building was pink and white and resembled a white jelly milk bottle with pink highlights. We reached the shack and bought the things we needed and took a seat at one of the vacant tables that were all properly placed outside. "Food," Haley said with a sigh as she took a huge bite into her whoopie pie. "Enjoying yourself?" I said with a laugh. "You bet," she replied between chews. I opened up my can of pringles and slouched deep into the chair, Haley laughed. We were enjoying our little "junk food is going to kill us but YOLO" moment when we heard a girl yelling and cursing at the top of her voice. She was walking towards the shack with a boy following slightly behind her. Knowlen. "Are you fucking kidding me? This guy is freaking every where," Haley said with a glare. "You're telling me," I said back. This chick looked pissed, she was wearing a flowery dress and her hair was in a pony tail. Her attire did not suit the words that were coming out of her mouth. Is that what I'm like? I mean I'm chubby, I'm meant to look cute, But I fuck that image up with my horrible attitude. "Stay away from me Knowlen," the girl screamed, "why don't you go fuck with Rose? Your other girlfriend?" I was startled. Did this girl just say other girlfriend? Oh god. How unfortunate for all of us. Haley rolled her eyes at the sight, "drama," she said as she sipped on her soda. "Jean I'm sorry," Knowlen said as he gripped her arm. The girl made a 180 degree turn and smacked Knowlen straight across the face with an open palm. Haley and I went into full jaw drop mode. "Who the fuck is Jean?" The girl yelled. "Oh shit," I snickered "busted," Haley giggled and we hid our laughter with a red bull can and a whoopie pie packet. "Don't fucking call me again, you creep and by the way my name is Karen." She pushed Knowlen forward and he stumbled upon himself and landed on one of the chairs. "Wow, Karen, Jean they sound so alike no wonder he mixed them up," I whispered sarcastically across the table. Haley giggled so much her whole face went red. "Oh my god, he totally deserved that" she said trying not to laugh anymore. We both looked at him on the other table, he literally just shook off everything that just happened and he was now on his phone. "Fuck Haley, I want to slap him," I said glaring at him. "I don't think he's noticed us yet, figures," she said eyeing him like he was a suspect for murder. "Haley," a voice startled us. A woman in a car called. "Mum," Haley said throwing her rubbish on the table and looking at me. "I'm so screwed," she whispered. "Get inside the car this instant young lady, I've been looking for you for the past hour." Haley stood up slowly. "I'm so sorry Aleece," she said as she got up. "Ay that's alright, go home. Thank you for tonight," I said. "Come on Haley, you can see your friend tomorrow," her mum yelled in a more calm voice. "I swear I get my bipolar attitude from my mum," she laughed. "I will come see you tomorrow okay Aleece," She screamed as she left. "Okay, bye," I giggled. I looked up and Knowlen was looking at me. Ha. "Not today satan," I whispered under my breath as I picked up my red bull and pringles and started to exit the shack when he suddenly got up and rushed towards me, "Aleece, wait," his voice cool. "Don't touch me, look at me, or talk to me, get out," I said looking straight at him. "I'm sorry Aleece, I'm so sorry, please don't do this to me," he said looking at me. "Do what to you? You brought this upon yourself, so that's that," I said still attempting to walk away. He held both my arms tightly as I struggled against his grip. "Let me go Knowlen," I said realizing how close he was to me. His grip tightened and his face was nose to nose with mine. I could feel his fingers digging into my skin. "STOP IT YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I screamed. He kept looking at me with sad eyes. I couldn't understand, his grip loosened gradually and then his face crashed into me as his lips fell on mine. I felt the warmth in his, it was familiar but it hurt me. I pushed him off me and he was immediately thrown backwards, a little taken back by my actions. "Fuck you Knowlen, what the fuck?" I screamed. "I love you Alana Leece," he said as he came up close to me again.
"Get out," I yelled.
"I love you," he said again and again as I walked away.
What a great lie Knowlen. What a great, great lie.