Chapter 43

I entered the house.
There was silence, It never really occurred to me how dark my house was. I tried to sneak in as quietly as possible, until the alcohol took control of my head again and drove me right into the coffee table, which led to a sound of glass smashing on the floor, "Fuck," I muttered, "Watch your mouth young lady," A voice from the dark startled me, it was Ms. Veronica, oh wait. My Grandmother. I could physically feel my eye balls roll themselves into a parallel universe. "Where's mum?" I tried my best not to sound like, my chest wasn't on fire when I spoke or that my tongue was slipping at the words I wanted to say. "She's in bed, she was worried, so I asked her to get some rest." She stood up from the chair she was sitting on and walked over towards me with her arms folded. "What?" I said loudly, looking down at my feet. "Have you been drinking?" She asked as I heard her inhale briefly. "What is it to you?" I slurred. I wanted to slap myself, I swore I didn't even drink that much. I was so weak. I started mumbling things I didn't even know existed in the English language, or any language for that matter. "Aleece," Her voice was firm. "Go upstairs change out of those clothes and go to sleep, we'll talk about this in the morning." I felt my feet move immediately, before crawling my way up the stairs, I turned back, "Ms- uh - Ms. Veronica- y-ou won't t-tell mum -" I looked at her longingly. "I won't Aleece. Now get some rest." I continued crawling like a 5 year old. As I reached the top, I stumbled into my room and threw myself on the bed. I couldn't think straight or comprehend what I had done and witnessed earlier today and night. It sucked knowing that everything I did today broke almost every rule in the book. I thought back to the way Sam lay on the ground, blood dripping down the side of his mouth and the way Knowlen turned into a monster. Knowlen. I missed him. It was so stupid to think of how much I did love him and how much I didn't want anyone else except him. I tried my best to walk away. "Did you?" A voice in my head, shouted loudly. "Did you really?" I hated it when the voices in my head interfered with me feeling sorry for myself. I sounded crazy, but, I just wish I wasn't so conflicted with every single decision I made, especially when it came to Knowlen.
I was getting sick of everything but not sick enough to walk away.
I hated him, but not enough to stop caring for him.
I couldn't keep blaming him for everything, I knew at some point I was going to have to realize that he wasn't doing anything wrong. It was all me. The stupid girl, with the stupid curly hair, with the stupid crush on a stupid boy.
"Ugh," I groaned.
This was so stupid.