Chapter 9

Hiro's
••

Pacing back and forth in Fred's room, honey lemon and wasabi went through the doors with nervous smiles.

  Worriedly, I ran up to them.

"What happened? Is she okay? Is she awake?"

  "She's fine hiro. We already stitched up her wound, but I think there's something you should know.." honey glanced at wasabi sadly.

  "What is it? What's wrong? Honey, wasabi?"

  Looking back at me, wasabi sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

  "I think it's best if you find out yourself. Alone."

  I couldn't understand what they meant, but I still did it.

  With shaking fingers, I nervously grasped the door knob and opened the room.

  On the bed laid the unconcious girl I never imagined would be deadly dice.

  Eyes wide, I quickly made my way to her bed where she laid asleep, her face revealed as her black mask sat by the nightstand.

  My hand ran across her soft face that was pale from blood loss.

  "Hana...?" My voice cracked as tears filled my eyes.

  Strands of her brown hair rested upon her face. Her lips that was soft as marshmallows was slightly parted as she breathed lowly and steadily. Her eyes closed, showing none of her dark blue eyes that would always seem like the night sky.

  "Hiro..we didn't know.." gogo spoke softly behind me.

  The rest were here with me aswell. We all watched as our best friend laid asleep on the bed.

  "I..I didn't know it was her. I mean- I never imagined it would be her. But when I saw the bandage on her arm, I may have had the thought, but I didn't believe it. I couldn't believe it was her. I just thought that she got it on an accident at home, like she said. I believed her and pushed the thought away.." I sobbed.

  "It's okay hiro. You didn't know. I think she just wanted to protect you, to protect us, from harm."

  I just stayed silent as I stared at my best friend. It was as if I was watching tadashi's coffin being lowered to the ground all over again.

  But this time, it made me feel worse. Maybe because I never knew it was Hana, I wasn't able to protect her like I promised tadashi.

  Or maybe something else. Something I couldn't explain for I don't know the specific reason why.

  "Hiro, cmon. Let's leave her for now. She's fine, she'll wake up in about a few hours. Don't worry.." honey smiled.

  Pulling me away, I glanced back at Hana who still laid asleep as the door shut infront of me.

  Going back to Fred's room, I put my head in my hands and sighed.

  "So this is what she's been doing? The reason she's always busy?"

  "Hiro, don't get mad at her. It's what we all are doing. We do the same thing. Fight crime and help people. The only difference is she works alone." Gogo patted my back as she sat beside me.

  "But why didn't she just ask us? She. Would've just told us that she was deadly dice, we would've added her to the group.."

  "But hiro, will you allow Hana to fight? Deadly dice or not. Would you even let her join us? You didn't even tell her in the first place."