Chapter 16

Hana's
••

"What's going on here?"

I they stopped as looked at me. Hiro looked surprised to see me, while Jenna simply glared at me.

"You! You insolent little brat." She growled, stomping towards me.

I remained my stoic face as I stared at her.

"Is it always suppose to be your business when anything happens to hiro? You're just his friend right? You mean nothing more to him! So why are you more important than me?!" She growled at me.

"Jenna, hiro's not just my friend, he's my best friend. And will always be that way." Literally cracked on the inside as I that.

"But, if you're going to be an immature jealous girl, be my guest. I'm not the one losing a boyfriend anyways." I shrugged, as I pushed passed her.

My hair was suddenly yanked back, surprising both hiro and I.

"Hana..!"

"How dare you! You bitchy little-"

I cut her off by twisting her arm just enough to make it hurt to let my hair go.

"Pull my hair again and I swear, I will literally, rip your arm off your body." I growled.

Fear was shown in her eyes as tears pooled from the corners.

"Hana, that's enough." Hiro sighed.

Letting her arm go, she whimpered as she glared at me.

"Jenna, look..-" hiro smiled sadly as he cupped her cheek.

"You may think your not important, but to me, you are. You're my girlfriend, ofcourse you're important. But Hana's my best friend too, she's like my sister, that's all there is to it, okay? So don't get jealous already." He smiled.

I blinked as my mind gagged, and my heart was stabbed.

When I saw her lips meet his, I looked away in disgust and irritation.

Jenna soon left and I could finally relax. Slumping down hiro's chair, I grinned at him smugly as I saw him sigh.

"Washed up at eighteen, so sad.."

"Oh shut up. You don't k ow what its like to ne in a relationship." He chuckled.

"Right, anyways. I'm here, now what do you wanna talk about?"

He ran his hand through his hair.

"Oh yeah, I want to talk to you about last night." He smiled as he sat on his office chair.

Mentally face palming as I forgot he was going to ask that.

"What about it?"

"Well, one: I wanted to know why you uh..kissed me, and two, how on earth do you have a gun?"

I chuckled at the last part. I was already prepared for the first question, so I answered it confidently.

"Hiro, I was drunk. I didn't even know half of what I was doing, until I just realized I was already kissing you. And for the last part, I have a gun cause I'm awesome."

"I guess that would make sense." He grinned.

I mentally sighed as I knew he was too blind to actually see through me.

"Alright, now I want to ask you a question, but first I have to tell you a story.." I grinned, as I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Shoot." He nodded.

"Well, there's this guy..-" his eyes immediately narrowed as he stared at me.

"And what about it? Don't tell me you like him?"

"I do, actually." I chuckled.

"How do you know that? Do you even know the guy? What if-"

"Would you shut up and listen to me?" I rolled my eyes at him.

His mouth clamped shut as he glared at me sarcastically.

"And yes I know him. I've been friend with him for a while now, and I just recently realized that I..love him, I guess." My cheeks were red as I jist literally confessed.

His eyes were narrowed.

"Love him? I thought you said you like him, no one said anything about love"

I rolled my eyes and continued.

"Just listen okay?"

"..fine.."

I smiled at that.

"He's kind of stupid about love, actually. Despite the fact that he's a genius. He's sweet, and he can be kind sometimes. But I have to admit, he can sometimes be annoying and loud. Very reckless too, and he seemed to be really obliviate about the fact that I have feelings for him."

"I don't really see the problem about that."

I nodded, as my point has been proven.

"Yep, really obliviate. Also, the problem is, he has a girlfriend already. A very very jealous girlfriend."

"Huh, bad luck for you I guess. But I guess that's also fine, since you just said that he's really reckless, who knows what trouble you might get into."

I sighed heavily and shook my head.

I can't believe how stupid this braniac is..

"Now, my question is. What if I decide to confess to this guy. Do you think he'll reject me?"

"Well, yeah because he has a girlfriend. But I guess if he doesn't, he'd probably just think about it, I suppose." He shrugged.

"Hmm, well, what will you do if your the guy I confess to?"

He's eyes slightly widened as he blinked, and suddenly laughed loudly.

"Dude, you must be kidding me! There is no way you'll actually see me that way. We've been friends since forever, Hana, I don't think even I can see you that way. It's just weird." He laughed, wiping a tear.

His answer was just one I needed. A rejection.

My heart was burning as my stomach churned.

So he couldn't see me mire than just a friend, then..guess I was too late..

Feeling my eyes moisten, I blinked and gave fake laugh aswell.

"I guess Your right. We have been friends for nine years, it's technically impossible for us to be anymore than that."

I couldn't take it anymore, my head was pounding as I bit my lip.

I quickly stood up, surprising the still laughing hiro.

"Hey, sorry. I uh, gotta go. I'll talk to you later. Hope you fix up things with Jenna.." I glumly smiled as I speed walked out his lab.

I could hear him call my name from my sudden walk out.

I bit my lip harshly, feeling the coppery taste of blood as tears welled in my eyes.

I barged in Honey's lab and ran up to her, hugging her tightly.

"Hey, what's wrong Hana?" She chuckled.

"I'm too late, honey.." I sobbed.

She stayed quiet as she knew what happened.

"Don't cry, Hana. Boys aren't worth tears, besides, there are plenty more out there." She smiled as she huggede back.

I was too late. I should've confessed while we were just in highschool or something.

I was rejected even before I could properly confess..

I'm too late, damn it..I missed my chance..