Chapter 23

Tadashi's

  "H-hana..you're awake.."

Her lips curled up in a small smile.

  "Hi tadashi.." she whispered.

"Oh god..this..this is nice! You're awake! Oh thank god!"

  I quickly but carefully wrapped my arms around her in happiness.

  "And I'm not mad, tadashi. Don't worry" she laughed.

  "I know, but I still wanted to apologize. If I was there with the others, I could've done something."

  "It's fine, tadashi. Don't stress yourself out, okay?"

  Holding her hand, I nodded and smiled at her.

  "Oh, I almost forgot!" I facepalmed-" hiro's outside. I'll go get him, he'll be happy to see you!"

  I ran out the door without even waiting for her respond.

  "Well that was quick. How was she?" My brother grinned.

  "She's fine, just usual. Still asleep. But I want you to do me a favour."

  I faked a frown. I wanted my brother to be surprised- maybe even more than I was.

  I knew he'd love to see her finally awake after two weeks and three days.

  "Sure, what us it?"

  "Could you buy me some oranges? You know, the sweet ones that hana loves."

  "Uh..okay?" He blinked before scooting away to the cafeteria.

Hiro's

  Odd, why would tadashi let me buy oranges?

  "Okay tadashi, I got the fruit, here. You owe me five bucks."

  "Right, now just bring them inside her room. I'm sure she'll love those." He replied with a smile.

  Looking at him confusedly, I raised an eyebrow.

  "Why? She's not awake, I mean the orange would only go bad if no one eats it."

  He shrugged and grinned at me.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll love to eat those."

  He replied, pushing me through the door gently as he shut it behind me.

  "Okay okay, relax..sheesh. It's not like-"

  I was cut off by my own lips when I saw the girl staring at me with open eyes.

  "She's awake.." my eyes blinked, trying to check if it was even real.

  "Hey, hiro." Her soft voice proved everything.

  Lips curled up in that smile that would always send tingles in my heart.

  "You- you're awake! God, you're awake!" I jumped in delight.

  Running towards her I gripped her hand tightly.

  "Well yeah. My eyes are open, as you can see." She giggled.

  Literally, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders just by hearing her laugh again. It was so soothing to my ears.

Hana's

  As soon as tadashi left, I waited patiently and maybe nervously.

   I didn't know how he'd react. Would he be happy, would he be angry or would he talk to me about my weird way of confessing.

I noticed the door creak open and a body being shoved inside.

   "Okay okay, relax..sheesh. It's not like-"

His expression turned to shock just as soon as our eyes met.

   "She's awake.." he whispered.

"Hey, hiro.." I smiled at him.

  "You- you're awake! God, you're awake!"

He grinned as he ran up to me, holding my hand tightly.

  "Well, yeah. My eyes are open, as you can see." I joked.

  He chuckled as he sat beside me.

"I'm so glad you're awake. You don't know how long I wished for this day.."

  "How long was I out?"

His eyes looked sideways sheepishly.

  "Almost three weeks."

"Huh, well that's a long sleep." I laughed.

  "Anyways, what did I miss? You said I missed alot at sfit a few days ago." I smiled.

  He seemed surprise at that.

"How do you..you can hear me?"

"Honestly, I don't know how, but I can hear you. So I just sat- I guess, and listened to you talk." I replied, shrugging.

  "Oh. Well, you did miss alot. But don't worry, me and the rest of the gang are taking notes for you."

  "Thank you. But you know you don't have too.." I smiled.

  "It's fine, it's the least we could do."

It became silent as he simply took out an orange from the plastic, peeling it gently.

  I knew he's been thinking about it, it was bothering him, that was clear.

   "You're bothered about it, aren't you?"

  His fingers flinched at my question.

  "..orange?" He replied.

Frowning, I took the slice and munched on it.

  "You know you can ask me about it. I won't mind, I mean, it did come out of my own mouth so it think you deserve an explanation."

  He sighed after a moment of silence.

"Well, I was wondering..why didn't you tell me? I mean you did, but why not sooner?"

  "Ha, knew you'd ask that first..-" I chuckled as I finished the tiny orange.

  "Honestly, Hiro, I was. I was going to tell you what I feel but those words I told you about..asking Jenna out just blocked out the truth. I had the stupid word vomit which I may have regretted."

  He remained silent as he listened, peeling the orange further.

  "I was going to try to tell you again, but I was too late. You were already with Jenna. You were happy too. So I thought that maybe, if I didn't say anything anymore, it would just go away. You were happy with her, and seeing you happy was enough for me. That's why I worked so hard for your surprise for her. But I ruined that just by a simple fever..I'm sorry.."

  He remained silent and in thought. Deep thought.

  "Hana, Jenna and I..broke up.."

Hearing those words made me shot up from the bed- pain surged through my abdomen.

  "Wait what- ahh..!" I winced.

"Woah, take it easy. Just lay down, relax.." he chuckled and gently laid me back down on the bed.

  "How- why did you break up? Don't tell me it's because of the party. I get it that she's mad at me for practically almost killing her- which I still am sorry for, but she doesn't have to break up with you. You love her, isn't that enough for her?" I rambled on.

  "Hana chill out. You just woke up from a coma, don't strain yourself." He frowned.

  "Okay sorry, but why did you brake up? And I'm not trying to sound like this girl who seemed to be waiting for a chance or anything, I just want to know why. It can't be because of me can it?"

  He was silent which made me frown.

"Actually, it has something to do with you.."

  Oh god, what did I do now..