chapter 22

Hiro's

Walking up the the receptionist, I cleared my throat politely.

"Hi uh- I'm here for Hana hamada?" I smiled shyly.

"Oh, room three o' four, sir." The nurse smiled.

Thanking her, I went up the elevelators and searched for her room.

Room 304

The sign in the door glimmered gold as I turned the brass knob.

There laid the sleeping figure of the girl I've known for nine years.

Standing beside her bed, I replaced the now wilting flowers with a fresh bouquet of daises and roses; her favourite flowers.

Sitting beside her, I stared at her sleeping face.

Her brown hair scattered over her head on the pillow, framing her soft delicate face.

"Hey Hana, I'm back again.." I started.

My fingers curled around hers, as I smiled softly.

"You've been missing alot at sfit. We have a chemistry test coming up, lucky you, you won't have to take it.." I chuckled.

Everyday I do this. For the past seven days. Talk to her, hoping for her to respond. To open her eyes. Something.

"Tadashi and I came by earlier, if you don't remember.-" I chuckled. -"he nearly cried actually. The guy couldn't see you like this. In a hospital bed, asleep for seven days neither moving or even stirring. Just..motionless, as if you were..you know. But I know you're not like that. You're not weak, you are a very strong girl, Hana."

I waited, hoping for her eyes to open. But per usual, usual, I got nothing.

"Anyways, aunt cass wanted me to say hello. She misses you- everyone does. It's been quiet without you around. I mean, it doesn't seem fun for us.. so please Hana, I know you can hear me. Please wake up, wake up Hana. I can't bare to see you, to see my best friend, like this." My lip quivered the slightest.

Again, I waited. And waited. Yet no response again.

A single tear ran down my face as I sighed.

"I'll see you later Hana. I hope your awake by then.." with a small smile, my lips landed on her forehead.

I left soon after yet not before giving a last glance as the door shut behind me.

Hana's

Darkness. Cold. Everything was numb.

Where was I? For days on end, I keep seeing nothing but darkness. My body felt as if I was floating in mid air.

I heard beepings every now and then that resembled a rhythm of a heart beat.

Didn't I die? The last thing I remembered was plummeting down in the cold sea and drowning.

So why was I here in this..this void..

"Hey Hana, I'm back again.." hiro's voice popped up.

"Hiro?"

Okay, it's either I'm alive and in some sort of coma- which would explain the weird beeping sound, or he's also dead. I pray for the first one.

"You've been missing alot at sfit. We have a chemistry test coming up, lucky you, you won't have to take it.." his sweet laughed echoed.

Okay, thank god. He's still alive, so that means I am too!

Now I know that I truly am under a coma.

I listened silently as I sat in invisible ground, knees tucked to my chest.

"...The guy couldn't see you like this. In a hospital bed, asleep for seven days neither moving or even stirring. Just..motionless, as if you were..you know. But I know you're not like that. You're not weak, you are a very strong girl, Hana."

Tears pooled in my eyes as I bit my lip.

"But hiro, I am here...I am with you.."

"...I know you can hear me. Please wake up, wake up Hana. I can't bare to see you, to see my best friend, like this."

I cried silently as I heard him bade goodbye.

"Oh god..I want to wake up..please let me wake up..."

I want to wake up. I don't want be here anymore..

I want to be with hiro and my friends..

Hiro's

"Come on, tadashi. You haven't seen Hana in days! Don't you think she would get mad at you?"

I watched as my brother groaned.

"Hiro, I told you already. I can't. I can't stop feeling guilty because I know I couldn't do anything. I just sat here in the garage while I watched everything unfold. To make matters worse, I was watching through her mask so I felt like I was her in every way."

"That is why you have got to go see her! Talk to her. You'll feel better, I swear. Please? You know Hana would like it" I smiled, trying to cut through him.

"...fine. but I want to talk to her privately.." he said bashfully.

That was good enough for me.

We went to the hospital and went up to her room, where I let tadashi enter while I stayed outside, sitting on one of the chairs patiently.

I knew tadashi had alot to say and would probably come out crying, so I just wanted to give them some privacy.

Tadashi's

As I entered her cold room, the smell of sterilizers filled my nose as I approached her bed where she laid asleep.

"Hey Hana, it's me, tadashi." I mumbled as I stood beside her bed.

"Sorry I uh..haven't visited in a while. I just couldn't see you like this. It's stupid, I know. But I can't help but blame myself partially for what happened. I wasn't there to help, I just sat there in the garage as I watched everything from your mask, which made me feel worse because it was as if I was in your shoes.." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Hana. I hope you can..I hope you can forgive me for what I've done.." I sobbed as tears broke free from my eyes.

As I cried, I felt a hand reach up to wipe the tears away.

Cold fingers caressed my cheek, making my eyes snap open to see the familiar blue ones.

"..don't..cry, tadashi.."

I chocked on my own spit as my eyes widened.

She smiled softly at me, her eyes shaped of the cresent moon as her lips curved upwards.

"H-hana..you're awake.."