Chapter 30

Hiro's

   The days passed by and I have been avoiding Hana. I honestly didn't know why I had to.

   She was already leaving in a few days, and I didn't even know the exact day. Some bestfriend I am. I didn't want to avoid her, it's just that whenever I would see her my mind would space out and it would show me how we kissed the other day like it was on replay.

   I was still thinking about what Tadashi had said.

Somehow, I've been sticking the pieces together since Tadashi had gave me the advice.

  So far, I've been learning more about my feelings for Hana- which I had to say, made me feel stupid for not noticing earlier.

   I laid on my bed, scrolling through my phone, looking at pictures of Hana and I through the years.

  Tadashi was constantly telling me how I should go talk to Hana before she leaves, but I would always just nod and walk away, leaving that disappointed look in his eye.

    I sighed as I received a voice message which surprised me.

It was from Hana.

   I frowned as bit my lip thinking whether I open it or not. I've been ignoring her messages and her calls recently and she stopped but her texting me now surprised me.

  I assumed that she would've thought by now that I didn't want to talk to her anymore or something like that, but here she is, with a voice message.

 With a gulp, I opened it up and started to listen to it.

To Hiro;

Sender; Hana

"Hey Hiro, it's me Hana. I just wanted to thank you. Thank you for talking to me back in the science lab when we were first years. I wouldn't have known what to do that day if you didn't help me. Thanks for being my friend after that. I honestly thought you were one of those students who just helps a student out but wouldn't make them their friend, but you proved me wrong. You actually followed me out the classroom, remember? I guess it rolled out from there didn't it? We became friends that day, and became bestfriends the month after that, and are still bestfriends nine years later. But I guess that's what I think." I heard her sigh as she paused.

   "With you not talking to me anymore, I may have thought that you..didn't want to be friends anymore. That's why I sorta stopped trying to get in contact with you these past few days. I thought that I should leave you alone, so it would be easier for me as well. It would be easier for me to leave with out crying because I'd be apart from you. But I guess I couldn't really help it..you're my bestfriend Hiro. We've known each other since we were nine, I wouldn't forget you even if I tried to. Remember when I told you I'd confess again? Well, today's the day for me to confess once more.." I heard her sobbing as she sniffled, probably wiping her tears.

  "Hiro Hamada, I love you. More than a friend, more than a bestfriend, not as a brother either. But as a guy. I love you, as in the Eros type of love. But I know you can't return my feelings, and I understand that. I just want you to know that I love you, and will continue loving you forevermore. That's why I chose to go live with my aunt Elsa in New Angeles. Maybe it take my mind off of you for a while, you know? I haven't talked to you in a while, so I never got to mention. Today's my flight. I'm heading to the airport right now- I know, why would I bother to call you with this long ass voice mail, huh? Well, I just couldn't let myself leave without saying goodbye." My lips quivered as I blinked my wet eyes, trying to rid the tears.

  "Well then Hiro Hamada, I'll be going now. I would love to see you again someday. And maybe someday, I could move on..I hope you find the one who would love you better than I did. Someone who took the risk and told you before it was too late. Goodbye Hiro.."