chapter thirteen; its not a date, its a friendly outing

Castiel

I felt a cold breeze gust besides me and i let out a long shiver and wrapped myself in my arms. "The weather isn't being so nice to us, huh?" Dean sighed as he walked besides me, his fingers twirling the car keys in hand. "Its not like were eating outside." I hummed as i felt the bridge of my nose start to turn cold, Dean smiling at me from aside. "Okay Mr. Positive.."

I heard rustling and i turned my head to watch as he shrugged his leather jacket off with few grunts. I smiled at the gesture and opened the door for him as we entered the warm IHop, the smell of pancakes filling the air.

I hung my arms low against my chest and took in the feeling as i felt the warmth soon spread to my whole torso. I looked to my side and saw a jacket with splashed pigments of black resting against my back. "Thank You." I muttered as i slipped on his jacket completely with a small blush against my cheeks. "Anytime ba..." He swallowed his sentence with a cough as he glanced around to see eyes locked on us, ears probably hearing everything.

I shuffled awkwardly to the front desk as Dean took a set at the waiting booths, my fingers curling around the sleeves of Deans jacket in nervousness. "Hi, welcome to IHop! How many and what name will it be under?" The guy behind the desk piped with an over cheery grin and bright eyes. "Two, and Castiel. Please." I looked awkwardly as he wrote it down on a clipboard with a bright pen, making sure to highlight the number. "Alrighty, it will be about twenty minutes, is that okay?" His bright eyes shinned against the windows and i smiled at his fruity attitude. "Yes, thank you."

I turned and walked over to Dean, his eyes glaring holes into the hosts head as i took a seat next to him, my body sinking into the booth. I felt him drape his arm around me, pulling me closer as he actually growled under his breath. "Stop being so protective, he wasn't even flirting!" I rolled my eyes and slightly leaned into his grip as he huffed. "Yeah, whatever, i called dibs this morning and i don't like the way he looked at you." His fingers pressed deeply into my shoulder blades and i sighed as i glanced around for possible complainants.

I very quickly turned my head to kiss his cheek before looking around as if nothing happened. "Theres no reason to be jealous, Dean." I whispered in response as he took his arm away to tuck them against his sides from embarrassment. I dragged my fingers across the faux leather and latched my pinky with his as i waited for my name to be called in the home of pancakes and coffee.

______________

We where seated fifteen minutes later and i brightly grinned at Dean once we chose a small booth in the back of the restaurant, the families bickering around us happily. "Do you know what your eating?" I asked silently as Dean shrugged and picked up a menu. "Whatever looks good i guess."

"Excuse me, but are you guys friends?" One girl asked randomly as she poked her head outside of her table to look at us with a raised brow. "Um, thats sort of our business, thank you very much." I said as politely as i could, Dean silently hiding in the corner of the table with his face in a menu. She pressed her thin lips together and huffed before turning back to her family to communicate in a hushed whisper. How rude of her to ruin my date.

"What a bitch." I spun my head around to see Dean with cold eyes against his menu, throwing it onto the table with a sour expression. "Who does she think she is asking about us? I should of told her to mind her damn business before i fucking-" "Dean, watch your fucking mouth." I hissed as i kicked his leg under the table, obviously trying to shut him up before they heard.

"Just let it go, not everyones pro gay and it was a simple question. Don't make it a big deal and ruin our..." I pursed my lips and sighed as i grabbed the menu to pick something quickly. "Our date?" Dean questioned as i stayed silent while looking up from my menu, making sure to hide my growing smile, the problem from before obviously not his concern anymore.. "Yes." I mumbled in response as he grinned cheekily to himself with a small chuckle. "Im sorry what was that?" He asked as he batted his lashes and cupped his hands together with confidence. "Yes." I repeated more loudly, Dean smiling so hard his eyes squinted closed.

I loved his smile.