Chapter 9

Justin's POV

I looked at her as she walked towards me and smiled before taking a seat infront of me. She looked everywhere but me, making it hard for me to read whether if she is shy or nervous. She looked down to her fingers and played with it, trying to avoid eye contact. Looks, like ladies first  isn't always the right policy...?

"So umm," she looked up to me as I smiled "Where do you come from Ariana?,"

"Well I'm from Florida actually. LA is alright but Florida is better," she grinned as her eyes sparkled with joy. I chuckled at her cuteness and nodded.

"I'm from Canada," i said as her eyes goes wide.

"Canada to LA?,"

"Well, circumstances ya know, but hey, I got to meet a gorgeous girl like you. So I guess it's a blessing..?," I flirt as she blushed "so you still in high school?,"

"Well yeah, I'm at Liberty High," My eyes went wide at that statement,

"Liberty High?,"I questioned as she nodded "I'm there too and how come I haven't seen you around?," she shrugged with a pout at my statement before smiling all over again.

"I'm not sure though. But I've seen you alot. Mostly in your hockey matches,"

"You've seen my matches?," I asked amused as I laid back on my chair before she nodded

"yeah, you play good especially today. I knew you'd win though but hey, it's good to watch," I chuckled at her confidence as we continued to have a great time.

We ordered our food, made jokes and laughed so much, even Nick and Ashley would turn to look at us in amusement. She told me her family was in a middle-class level and how both her mother and father would work their arses off at work from 7 in the morning till 9 in the night. by the time they both get home, it would be 11 and she'd be asleep and when she's up for school at 7:30, they would have left for work. Some times they would be out of town since they'd have to go for business meetings, leaving her alone at home as her brother would camp out at his girlfriends place. She said she didn't have much friends and never had a boyfriend. Which means i might be her first... Not that I'm saying I would be in a relationship or anything... But it still puzzles me how I've never seen this girl in school all these while. Man, I feel dumb...

Before I knew it, we shared alot of stuff and some childhood memories. We cracked up jokes and got to know each other very quickly. Before we knew it it was already 10:30 and it was closing time for the restaurant. Ever heard of being chased out of a restaurant? Well it just happened. Nick decided to take Ashley home, so I had to drive Ariana home. Not that I have a problem with that...

"Did you have any girlfriends in the past Justin?," she asked as we made our way to my car.

"Really this topic?," I said as she frowned

"It's okay if you don-,"

"It's fine actually," I chuckled as she let out a sigh of relief before smiling "Maybe two or three. Neither of em were dear to me, so I never actually needed to move on, I was never in love," I smiled at her "At least I never got played.. and better for you, you never had a boyfriend," I said as her smile dropped and I instantly knew I hurt the kid "No no, i didn't mean it in that way Ariana.. I mean you were-,"

"Nah it's fine," She lightly smile "No guy took a liking of me actually.,' she sighed as we reached to my car and i opened the passenger seat door for her to go in. she mumbled a light thank you as i nodded and went to the drivers seat and locked the doors. "I guess I'm fat and-,'

"Okay, that's enough," I said as she looked at me shocked "Don't call yourself words that aren't true," she nodded at my stern statement "You're beautiful okay. get that in your head,"

I started the engine as it roared, indicating It was ready to go. I pulled off the driveway and started driving. We sat in silence for a few minutes before she mumbled a 'thanks', catching my attention.

"Now what was that for miss Grande?," I smirked as i looked at her way

"For calling me beautiful. No one's called me that before," she lightly smiled

"Well I guess it's good for you to know," I looked back to the road "So how am i to go to your house?,"

"Oh umm, you gotta turn right then left and then right again and go straight and then left and-,"

"Okay okay.. just tell me where to turn when I get there doll," I laughed at her as she blushed before nodding.

As we got to each street, she guided me straight to her house. It was a bungalow house which was painted in peach colour. There was no car up in the driveway, so I assume her parents were out on a business trip and according to my date, they wont be back for two straight weeks. I got out of the car and walked towards her door and opening it before she got out.

"It was a great day Justin," She smiled up at me as i nodded "Thanks for making this happen,"

"I should be the one thanking you doll," she blushed "See you at school tomorrow?," she nodded, excitement evident in her sparkly eyes.

Her next move caught me by surprise but I couldn't help but smile. She jumped into a hug and of course i hugged back. She looked so adorable though. She pulled away in a few seconds and smiled up at me before walking towards her home.

"Hey Shawty!," I yelled out for her as she turned back to me, wide eyed but it was obvious she couldn't bite back the smile cause she was grinning from ear to ear. "Don't I get a phone number?.. I need company at night ya know," I said, holding my phone in my hands as she giggled before walking back to me.

She snatched my phone out of my hand with a grin and dialed in a few digits before hitting 'call' and ending the call in a few seconds.

"That's my number.. Save it with whatever you wanna write kayh?," she said as she handed my phone, before winking at me. I looked at her wide eyed as she walked back to her home and yelled 'Call me,' before opening the front door and walking in. She then turned back to look at me before she flashed her cute smile before turning back and closing the door behind her.

 She then turned back to look at me before she flashed her cute smile before turning back and closing the door behind her

I looked back at my phone and smiled at her number. I then wrote down a name that I've never wrote for any of my other ex girlfriends, since i never felt anything for them... But she is different. As soon as i was done, I saved her number in my contact list and i couldn't help myself from looking at it once more as I read her caller id. 'My Babygirl'...