Chapter 15

Selena's POV

Darkness... That's all i could see right now. The darkness is what swallowed both me and Justin. It's like I'm back into that one part of my life that brought me sorrow..That brought me pain and tears. The part of my life where I almost lost my senses and ended it all. I looked around the room, twisting and turning in my position, unable to sleep. I turned my head around and looked at Justin's figure beside me, fast asleep as his body was turned away facing the opposite direction.

I sighed to my self before sitting up straight and switching on the table lamp, letting a little bit of the darkness to vanish before me. I got up from my side of the bed and walked out of the room and to the hall. Going down the stair case, I was surrounded by darkness once again as all the doors were shut and the sounds of snoring was heard.. Should be Justin's butlers...

As I reached the hall, successfully without hitting any furniture, I hit the light switches and the room was filled with light like a  freshly lit candle. I walked to the couches, seeing my handbag sitting on one of the seats. Grabbing it, I sat down on the seat it laid on. I opened it, digging for a familiar picture. My breath becoming heavier by the minute. I haven't looked at this picture for 5 years now. I got hold of the piece of paper like image in my hand and I brought it back out of the bag.

Looking at it, tears build up in my eyes as I smiled lightly. Memories flash back as i see this person in this picture, making me go into hysterics.

"Baby No!," he scolded as I grabbed his gun, playfully aiming it on my head

"I'm gonna shooooottttt," I giggled as his eyes goes wide and rushes to me.

"No," he tsks as he takes the gun away from my hand "Cuties like you don't deserve to die," he put it away and carried me bridal style as I squealed. He sits down on the nearest chair with me now laid on his lap, tickling the living lights out of me. I let out a loud giggle as he kept on going while he giggles along with me.

"Stopppp," I begged as he eventually stops and kisses my nose.

"I love you Selena," he says as I kiss him in his cheek.

"I love you too,"

I brought the picture near to my heart, wiping off my tears before looking at it once again. I smile at that picture before kissing it and carefully placing it back into my handbag. I sat deeper into the couch, and slowly closed my eyes before going into a deep slumber.

***

Walking out of the house, i walked to one of Justin's cars since mine is at my place and Justin drives me around, so I don't use it much. Sitting in the passenger seat, I start the engine as it roared to life. I took in a deep breath and let it out as I pulled out of the drive way and out of Justin's house.

Justin had a session at the studio today and I had to run some errands, so neither of us will be free till lunch. I sighed to myself as I replayed all the events of yesterday, from the visit of his parents and to the argument that took place. From his story and to my worst night in 5 years. Yesterday was bad indeed. But today, I needed answers. I just needed to know.

I entered a housing area which was quite foreign to me. I searched for the house number 103 as turned from left to right. Seeing that I've reached the particular house, I stopped my car and parked it right in front of the house. Getting down, I straighten my posture and made sure I don't look like a racoon that ran away from its home, before walking up to the gate and ringing the door bell.

In a matter of minutes, a familiar face came out of the house and eyed me up and down before walking towards me. She had a sorry look on her face as she opened the gates, letting me inside.

"Selena," she smiled weakly

"Miss Mallette," I smiled back "I'm sorry if I'm intrud-,"

"Nothing like that love, please come in," she smiled as i nodded. And if you're thinking how i got their address, thank the butler!!

I walk into the house- mansion, accompanied by the mother-in-law herself. Reaching the living room, she told me to take a seat as she sat down next to me. She fiddled with her fingers with a look of guilt, trying to avoid my presence in the room.

"Miss M-,"

"Pattie," she said looking at me with a small smile "Please call me Pattie love,"

"Pattie I-,"

"No no wait," she cut me off "Let me finish," I nodded, allowing her to continue "I want to say im sorry Selena. I really do like you but I guess I was quite over protective towards Justin since he's been through so much and I don't want to see him in such a way again, so I kind of acted out but I swear I didn't mean it... After you told me how you felt about him, I felt really ashamed of myself.. I'm really really sorry dear.. Can we perhaps start over?," she smiled as I nodded smiling back at her as she squealed and clapped her hands.

"Well, actually Pattie," I said nervously "I need your help in something,"

"And what would that be?,"

"I need to know more," I looked at my hands "About...,"

"About?,"

"Ariana," I said as she stayed silent "What happened to her?,"

"How'd you know about her?," she asked me as I looked back to her

"Justin told me... But he didn't tell me what happened to her after her birthday,"

"Ariana was...," she smiled widely as she sighed "a very nice girl... We all dearly loved her and we still do,"

"And what happened to her?," I asked feeling more confused

"Sit up straight...," she sighed as tears welled up in her eyes "It's story time,"