zombie au [unfinished bc kace is lazy]

It was an end of the world situation, but Lewis felt like there was nothing but a new beginning.

He had nothing before this, he was just a lonely guy with a tiny house and five cats. But within the beginning of the end, he came across a family that graciously let him tag along. And in his adventures with the two dads, he ended up rescuing a kid from what looked to be her zombified parents.

So, yeah, for a dude who was facing zombies and dickhead humans, life had been taking a turn for the better. He had friends, family, and there was just something about shooting your old bullies in the face that appealed to him.

But then stuff started to go downhill. Ash, the kid he saved, got sick with some virus or something, having a high fever and loss of appetite. Then their supplies started diminishing rapidly.

"Hey, Lewis," Joshua, one of the men he was staying with, peeked into the room. He had Cameron, one of his kids, perched on his hip. "Do you know if there was another can opener around here? The one we've been using broke."

Lewis tilted his head in thought. "There might be one in a house close by, I can go check." He glanced at the little girl tucked into his side with a sigh. "Can you keep an eye on her? You don't have to get too close, I promise."

Joshua nodded, letting Cameron down but keeping a tight grip on the little boy's hand.

//this is just here bc I couldn't think of how to continue it lmao