ankle tattoos (au)

// I'm a sucker for cute alternate universes fucking fight me

aka lewis falls in love really easily and tries to hide all the tattoos from his friends

alternatively: lewis has to awkwardly explain to all of his friends why he has their tattoos

I'll probably write a part two or something
---

Lewis woke up with another fucking tattoo.

He'd gotten into the habit of sleeping without his shirt, He sighed loudly when he saw the small sun tattoo on his ribs, knowing exactly where the fuck he had seen it before.

"Goddammit," he groaned, burying his face in the pillow before getting up and grabbing his hoodie.

He made his way to the kitchen, pulling his hoodie on over his head. "Morning, Josh..." He waved at one of his friends, who was known to come over and drink Lewis' coffee.

"Morning." Josh gestured over towards the coffee pot, where there was an open box of donuts.

Lewis grinned and reached up to get a mug when Joshua stopped him. "Wait, wait, wait."

"What the fuck, dude?"

He grabbed Lewis' wrist, displaying another design, this one of a stylized heart, that had apparently just appeared. "That looks a lot like mine, Lewis. Have you got something to tell me?"

Lewis pulled his wrist back quickly. "Fuck off. I don't have a damn thing to tell you."

"You do know how these things work, right? You fall in love with someone, you end up with their tattoo on your body." Joshua's tone was teasing. "Come on, let me see your tattoos, and I'll show you my favorite one of mine."

"You can't tell anyone. Okay?" Lewis sounded almost scared, biting down on his lip. "But you have to let me see yours first."

Joshua rolled his eyes but pulled his sleeve up. There was a familiar sun design by his elbow. "This matches Logan's."

Lewis sighed loudly and hit his head against the cabinet. "This might take a while..." He jumped up to sit on the counter, pulling his sock down to show the morning glory bloom on his ankle. "This one is mine."

He took his time rolling up the leg of his pajama pants. "The needle is for my old neighbor, the campfire is for this kid I used to date, and the headphones are for this boy I used to go to school with."

Joshua stayed silent, sitting beside Lewis as he continued to point things out. The younger of the two nervously tugged his hoodie off, covering his ribs with his hand.

"The one on my hip is irrelevant now, and--"

"What's under your hand?" Joshua pried his fingers away, gasping and narrowing his eyes. "You fell in love with Logan?"

"Dude, it was a minor crush." Lewis tried to lie, but Josh shook his head.

"Lewis, don't lie."

"Fine. As long as you promise not to kill me. I woke up this morning with the damn sun tattoo and I realized that, yeah, I love Logan. As a friend."

Joshua looked like he didn't believe what Lewis was saying, and went to open his mouth. Lewis shushed him.

"I fall in love too easily, dude. I'm sorry. I can't help it."