christmas morning part one

// I'm also trash for joshlo so that's why most of these end up with an appearance from everyone's favorite married gays

(Yes I know that is kinda inaccurate but it sounded good in my head stfu)

ALSO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE tell me the name and age of the joshlo kid(s) because im confused and need to know

And whoa another Lewis POV story?? *gasp*

I fucking hate Christmas but I have a friend who really enjoys it so (and it should be obvious which friend I'm talking about okay)

and this is an au
everything in this book is an au I shouldn't have to label it anymore

Also this is dragging on but I want to finish this so a part two will come soon
----

I'm really not a fan of Christmas. But since it's one of Ash's favorite holidays, I feel somewhat compelled to put out an effort.

Plus, since this was the first Christmas with the new baby, I have to do something special.

So, I invited a few of my friends to my small house for dinner on Christmas Day.

-

I'm obviously dreaming, because I'm onstage performing with Logan and Joshua, and for some reason we're playing Northern Downpour. As Dream-Logan starts to break down into tears, something lands heavily on my stomach.

My eyes fly open, and it takes a moment for them to adjust. It's just Ash, who's jumping up and down, barely even moving the bed as she squeals at the top of her lungs. "Dad! Dad! Wake up! It's present day!"

I laugh lowly and wipe some crud out of my eyes. "Yeah, but you need to eat some breakfast first," I tell her gently as I throw back the blanket and head in to check on Jon. Ash's footsteps echo as she stomps along beside me.

Jon's awake, holding himself upright with a tight grip on the bars of his crib. He breaks into a grin when he sees me and Ash, giggling quietly.

I quickly change his diaper and layer another pair of socks on Jon's tiny feet. It's kind of cold in the house, so I make a note to turn up the heat before everyone shows up.

After that, the kids and I go to the kitchen, where I get Jon situated in his high chair and Ash on her normal barstool.

Jon gets a bottle of milk and a handful of dry Rice Krispies, Ash gets a bowl of cereal, and I just grab one of my favorite breakfast things: a blueberry bagel.

It doesn't take Ash very long to finish her breakfast, but I make her wait until Jon and I are done before we all go into the living room.

I've just got a tiny pine tree in an oversized pot. Both are wrapped in multicolored Christmas lights and tinsel. Underneath, and spread all over the room, are presents for both the kids and my friends. I settle down on the floor beside the tree with Jon on my lap.

"This one is for you, Ash-y," I tell her, sliding a box her way. I've already given Jon a present to rip at, but I know there's no way he'll get it open by himself.

Ash has already ripped the paper off of the box, revealing a stuffed bear that she squeals over for a good five minutes. I just laugh quietly and help Jon open up his present of his own stuffed animal.