calm part 2/3 (au)

// [continuing off of the same prompt list as the last one!!

-llh🦋]
1: lewis and joshua (this is a really short and awful one oops)
2: what the fuck
3: lewis x logan, based on an old pm convo
----

"Lewis, you're shaking. C'mere," Joshua held his arms out to the younger man, a concerned look on his face.

"That's not gonna help calm me down," Lewis protested, shaking his head. He was shaking like a goddamn chihuahua as he scratched at his arm nervously, his nails leaving red marks on his skin.

Joshua rolled his eyes and shifted to sit closer to Lewis, pulling him in for a hug. Lewis almost instinctively curled against him, resting his head against the elder's chest.

"Hear my heartbeat? Just focus on that."

Lewis tried to even out his breathing, listening to the steady beating of Joshua's heart as best as he could.

In all honesty, it didn't take too long before Lewis had fallen asleep. He was already running on about a half an hour of sleep, plus, with the time being around midnight, he was ready to sleep anyway.

-

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now."

Lewis spoke quietly, kneeling beside the pile of blankets on the floor. A moment later, a little nose wiggled in his direction, followed by the rest of a damn puppy. He found the poor dear in an alley, whimpering in a rain-soaked cardboard box. And in a split second, incredibly rash decision, he took the puppy home.

He gently scratched behind the creature's ears, then pulled out his phone to take a picture. He then sent the image to his friends, along with a text.

meet the newest member of the family: dottie the basset hound

----

Logan sighs quietly, avoiding Lewis' gaze. "I'm fine. No need to worry about me."

"I'm always gonna worry 'bout you, honey. Can you please tell me what's going on?" Lewis remains persistent, taking the younger man's hands in his own. "You know I'm not going to judge you over anything."

"Lewis, I don't want to tell you."

A silence falls over the pair, until the elder places a lingering kiss to the younger's temple. "Just... please promise me that I'm not gonna lose you? I mean, I just got you back..."

"You're not going to lose me. I promise."

Lewis gently tugs Logan closer, wrapping the younger into a tight hug.

-.-.-.-

// [ill eventually finish this set oh my god I'm a piece of shit
8 sentence ideas to go]