Nearly all of it comes out

Lola's pov:

Once I heard something down inside the cellar I knew something was wrong. If David was down there my life could possibly end. Seriously.

I semi shuffled down the hole and sure enough, when my head came through, David was looking at me with a shocked expression. But there was also something else in his eyes, hurt?

“Please David, I can explain” I started off. He just stood there with the same expression.

“Y-your'e not mad at me?” He stutters

“No. I knew I would have to tell someone my life's story or the secret would eat me alive.” I stated.

“Life story?” Surely he would of figured out that this place is not in your typical Victorian house.

“Yes. Now, sit down and I will tell you” I grabbed him a pillow from the corner and we both sat down. Well here it goes. . .

“I have been an orphan for 4 years now, since I was 12” I started off slowly.

“No one knows that I am an orphan” Now this is where he gets confused.

“But then how” I interrupted him

“This room is where I sign off all the bills, all the permission slips everything. You see this?” I dragged my mum's bag over.

“This has all of both of my parents credit cards, phones, money, passports, checkbooks and all that crap in it” I pulled out all the contents. He stares at it all, gawping at the sight.

“But then how do you get money out? And where is all this money coming from?” He asks.

“Well, my parents death was known by no one apart from me. I was there. And there are the disguises” I pointed over to the corner where surely enough, a bag of wigs and clothes was.

“My mum died in a plane crash, I survived. It was a privet jet plane taking us home from a holiday in Paris” I remember that very vividly.

“It was only us two in the plane. The pilot fleeing the scene after we crashed. I grabbed my mums cards and all that and quickly left the plane before the police came. It was a huge story all over the news about how the members in the plane disappeared.”

“Oh I remember that story on TV.” David nods his head. “But what happened to your Dad?” He asks.

I quickly glance over at the box on the far side of the room. David sees where i'm looking and rises up to get the box. Handing it to me he slowly asks me one simple question.

“What's inside the box?”

Opening the box slowly reveals a simple shiny metal hand gun. Davids checks on the bullets.

“There's only 1, where are the other 2?”

“M-my D-d-dad. . .”

Killed himself?

Shot himself dead

Murdered himself because he murdered his own wife?

“SHUT UP!” I banged my head hard on the wall until David stopped me. I was sobbing furiously by this time.

“He did that to himself didn't he?”

Nodding my head he leans in for a hug and that's where we stayed for a long time. "That's what I think." I tell him. He nods his head and goes back to rocking me back and forth gently until a beeping of a car horn interrupted us.

“That'll be my mum” He gets up and makes his way back to the hole.

“Oh yeah, nice picture” He holds up one of me and my parents under a tree in the park, my mouth was open wide in a big toothy smile and you could see a couple of my teeth were missing, my mum was laughing at the face my dad was pulling. I must have been around 6 years old then.

I managed a small smile and got up and through the hole back to my parents room.

He stops just inside the door and quietly leans forward, kissing my cheek softly. I always read about those kinds of kisses when your about to explode and all that crap, but I never knew it felt like that. Even though it was just my cheek that place had exploded with fire when he touched it.

“Don't worry, I won't tell” And with one last heat stopping smile he walks out the gate, glances back at me, slides into the car and speeds off.