Waking up?

I hear the sound of things beeping and dripping.

Beep

Beep

Beep

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS just stop!!!!

I slowly open my eyes and see an amazing looking guy in front of me his blue eyes and blondey browny hair flowing in front of his face.

"Oh my gosh your awake! I was so scared your body wasn't allowing food to be digested and you've been in a coma for a month!" The strange boy said.

Suddenly realization hit that was Rory my brother!

I try to speak but nothing comes out I looked panicked over at Rory.

I hold my neck trying to tell him that I can't speak.

"Oh you can't talk that's because you've been a month without food and about 1 week without water, last week your body stopped taking water too!" He said. I gawped as one of the nurses came in. 

"Whaweeee! Girl you must get some water!" The sassy nurse handed me a glass of water as I downed it and looked up at Rory again. 

"I can't feel my foot" I told him, my voice a bit rusty but fine. He laughed.

"After a month without talking, the first thing you say is 'I can't feel my foot?'" He laughed. 

"I really can't!" I looked down at my right foot and sure enough, a big blue cast covered my foot.

"We're going to put on a moon boot today if that's okay with you" The nurse hurried in with Lottie. The minute she saw me she burst into tears. She came to my bedside and hugged me tight. I winced.

"Oh Sorry! Do you want any food, a drink, more balloons?" She wildly gestured to all the helium balloons floating around the room. I actually laughed. There were enough balloons to give one to each child in the hospital in just my tiny room! I laughed hysterically until Lottie spoke.

"What is it darling?" Her eyes were filled with worry. I actually haven't had someone worry about me this much since I was twelve. And now I was 16. Wait! Did Rory say a month I was out? 

I MISSED MY BIRTHDAY! 

I'M 17!

"Um. My birthday was 2 weeks ago" I mumbled. Lottie heard obviously because she nodded.

"We were thinking it would be a miracle if you woke up on your birthday, but that was just when you stopped digesting food which made your condition worse. Luckily you'll be up and ready for school in just another month." Lottie gave me a bottle of powerade as I pondered for a bit.

"So what have I missed?" I asked them. Lottie answered.

"Well I think the girls told you that we have enrol ed you in a private girls boarding school. And obviously we missed your birthday, but all your presents are at home and we'll celebrate when you come out of hospital" She explained as I looked up at the ceiling.

Except there was no ceiling.

All over the room there were dozens of helium balloons. Colourful plastic balloons.

"Where did these come from!" I asked them. Lottie smiled.

"When I told Tom about your accident he bought these over from work" She gestured to the millions of balloons.

"And your friend Georgie, she came over on your birthday to find out about you. And when I bought her over here she left this for you" Lottie handed me a box that was beside my bedside table. I gingerly unwrapped the brightly wrapped gift to find a small box inside the bigger box.

Classic Georgie

A tiny charm bracelet fell out of the tiny box and into my hand. I weakly held it up to the light to see the 3 charms that hung on it.

A little key 

A miniature heart and arrow

And finally 'SWAG' connected to each other.

Trust Georgie to pick out the best charms.

"She also put this with it" Lottie handed me an envelope. I undid it and took out the note.

A key for the secrets you shared with me

A heart for the bond that connected us since we met in prison.

And a swag since you are SWAG!

Happy 17th birthday my hilarious twin

Your sista

Goergie

And that was when the tears started to fall.