III-"6:30 a.m."

Previously on Too Hard to Breathe:
The bad boys, the bad group, the one that you don't want to mess with.
The leader  of the group Jake west, he doesn't talk with anybody, some even say that he's mute.

Jake's POV:

"Daddy, NO!!!"-I say looking my dad, dead in the eyes and seeing him take away his life by jumping on of the window on that big tower, one out of two.

I wake up with sweat all over my body and face, it's happening again, the nightmares.

I look to the alarm o'clock that is next to me on my nightstand and signed to myself.

6:30 a.m.

I get up and walk to my bathroom and do my business, I look to the mirror in front of me and I look at my reflection, my light brown hair messed up because I just woke up.

I dress myself with some black skinny jeans and a gray shirt, I pass a hand through my hair to try at least to look okay and make my way down the stairs.

I grab an apple from the counter and grab my backpack from the front hallway. I get out of the house and got on my black motorcycle, as I like to call HER Marie Josephine.

Making my way to school I start thinking about the dream I had early, I can't believe it started again...that day was the worst day of my life I remember every minute of it, I watched him die, my hero, my idol, my freaking dad.

As I feel my eyes start to water I pull back the tears that are threatening to fall and speed up my moto.

I can't cry, I'm supposed to be the bad boy, the one that the girls drool about, not that i'm complaining and the one that the guys want to be. I honestly don't understand.

As I park Marie Josephine on the parking lot behind the school, I get out and lock it, I make my way through the crown, as I pass people are making a little way in the middle for me.

I continue to walk until I reach my group, the supposed bad group, well I'm not exactly saying that the rumors aren't true but whatever.

The group consists of me, Jake West, it's a pleasure, I'm just the common 'mute' bad boy, that always comes with an warning for the pretty's girls fathers. Then there is Ashton, or as the girls like to call him Asston after he leave them in the morning, if you know what I mean, he is a player.

Then there is Gary and Gale, they are twins and they always pranks the teachers and the students.

When I reach near the front entrance stairs, where we meet every morning, I received some 'hellos' or 'wassup,dude?', Ashton courtesy, at that I just nod my head in response, they go back to the conversation they were having.

Some say I am mute, like literally mute, well surprise i'm not...I just perfire don't talk, at all.

I used to be one of those kids who would talk nonstop, but since that plane crashed on that big tower, on that september's day, my life change.

I just think that talking it's the first step to communicate with someone and communicate is the second step to you make a friendship or other kind of relationship and that is one step closer until you can trust and everybody knows that if you trust in somebody, you care about them and if something happens you will suffer and I had suffered enough.

So I decided if I don't talk, there is this small hope that I don't suffer again. At the beginning my mother was worried and took me to bunch of different psychologists, but in the end she just gave up, like everyone else.

Nobody really knows this story, of course I can count with the guys but is just hard, on other side the chicks found this kind of comportament really attractive, which is a little bit annoying sometimes, but whatever.

But without talking, I've been improving my glares, I have a lot of them...I'm known by them, anyways.

I'm interrupt from my thoughts when Gale called my name, when I looked up to him, he pointed to my left side, I turn my head and see her, Mackenzie Collins.

She is a nobody, well for most people yes, not for me...

I see her everyday, with that black backpack, like she doesn't care. But I know she does!

I see those black dots on her face, covered with make up. I want to help her. I shouldn't. But I know that she is screaming for someone, somehow to save her.

She intrigue me, I have a lot of girl on my feets but Mackenzie is different, she doesn't care, she is like me in some aspects.

The bell rings signaling the beginning of the first period, we get up and make our way to the lockers, no that we need books or anything but we just stay there to make time.

After those minutes, I make my way to the Mr. Smith's class, Biology. I get there and wait outside the door and pondering....dramatic entrance or explosive entrance.....dramatic definitely.

I open the door with force so that it hit on the wall behind it, I enter and right away gaining a glare from Mr. Smith, hello to you too...As make my way to the back of the class passing row by row I see everything girls pushing down their shirts to show more cleavage, uh disgusting like no..., and boys sending me death glares, well how welcoming.

As I pass the last row before the end, my eyes met a pair of hazel ones, She looks at me like she is seeing my soul, she breaks the look contest by looking back to her notebook, I sake my head and make the rest of my way to the back of the class, sitting in the last row, and blocking out.

When there was 10 minutes left of class, Mr.Smith asks Mackenzie a question, to which she wasn't playing attention I heard a lot of laughing coming for the rows where the popular group is...I guess that if I wasn't scary they would do that to me to....

"Are you okay?"- He wrote down on the paper.

"How did you do that?"-They ask me

"What do you mean?"-I ask

"Don't you understand, he never ever have communicate with anyone"-They say

--------------------------------------------

*1036 words*

-xx