XXI- "No, you're staying!"

"I guess I have to be going."-I say, starting to walk towards the front door.

"What do you think you're going?"-Jake says grabbing my upper arm.

"Home"

"No, no you're not, you're staying here and away from you're father."-He says with determination clear in his eyes.

"I can't do that, Jake. He's going to come looking for me."- I say trying to release my arm from his hold. When in reality, I want him to hold me forever. I feel safe in his arms.

"He doesn't know you're here, and if he comes, I'm here to protect you."-he says coming closer.

"Look, I'm not going to let him hurt you anymore."-he says putting his hand on my right cheek and running his thumb on my cheekbone.

"And what about you're parents, they are going to be asking questions."

"They aren't a problem, they are never home, I basically live alone."

"Ok then, I guess that okay."-I say, still unsure.

"But just for a little bit, until I'm able to fix the situation." -I say.

"Ok, and until then I'm going to help you, we're in this together."-he says coming closer until my back touches the wall. He slowly lifts his hand to my cheek and runs his thumb on my cheekbone, then makes his way to my bottom lip and then to my neck.

"We're in this together..."-He says quietly.

I see his face coming closer, until I feel his lips on mine. And the sparks all over my body.