II-"Well not everybody"

Previously on Too Hard to Breathe:
Well I have hope, hope that someday it will all end , hope that the pain will fade away and the memories will be just memories, hope that someday, somehow, someone will help me.

Mackenzie's POV:

I woke up with the sun rising and shining through the curtain.

I get up and make my way to the bathroom I brush my hair and put it in a loose ponytail, I take a shower and when I get out I brush my teeth and dress with some leggings and a grey sweatshirt. I walk to my room and apply some concealer at my bruised face and put my old shoes on. I walk down the hallway looking at my unconscious father lying on the couch.

I sighed to myself and carry on my walking to the kitchen I grab a granola bar and put it in my black backpack, I grab it from the floor and grab my keys from the dinner table and walk out of my small house.

I live in a small town near New York, where there is a middle school, a high school and a supermarket. If you want to go to college or even to the hospital you have to go to the city. A privilege of living in a small town is that everybody knows everybody.

Well not everybody.

There is the popular group which consists of cheerleaders, football players and some more blonde and dumb girls.

Then there are the bad boys, the ones that every parent is afraid, the bad group, the one that you don't want to mess with, there are a lot of rumors about them: drugs, alcohol and even street fights.

The leader of the group Jake west is the quieter of them, he doesn't talk with anybody, some even say that he's mute. He is the one that with just one stare makes you pee on your underwear.

Then there is the "nerd" group, well they are just really, really into school, not that I have anything against them, at least they don't bully you.

And there's me and some other people that I don't know the name, the "nobodies" the ones that are bullied and the ones that nobody knows the name just the teachers.

When I reach to East high school I make my way through the crowded hallways and to my locker. I take out my books, the ones I need right now, and go to the first period's class.
When I get to Mr. Smith's class, Biology, I go seat in the back, I wouldn't say that I am a nerd but I care about my future and my grades, I just don't like sitting in the front.

When Mr. Smith's enters the classroom, he starts talking right away about "the human reproduction" and that my cue to zone out.

"Miss Collins! Miss Collins...Mackenzie Collins!"- I am bought back to reality when Mr. Smith calls me.
"What?"-I say hearing some people laughing behind me.
"Do you know the answer?"- He asks.
"Uhh.... Can you repeat the question, please?"- I say hearing some more laughs.
"Forget, Just please play attention to the rest of the lesson"- He says with his British accent. I just nod my head and look down to my notebook to try to focus on it and not on the laughs that I hear from some of the popular group, while Mr. Smith carry on with the class.

Just 10 more minutes, you can do it, M! Focus!

I see her everyday, with that black backpack, like she doesn't care. But I know she does!

I see those black dots on her face, covered with make up. I want to help her. I shouldn't. But I know that she is screaming for someone, somehow to save her.

---------------------------------------

*594 words*

-xx