Chapter 21 Patience Pays Off

Dark Moon of the Red DawnBy: LadyDawn

2013 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 21 Patience Pays Off

Futile. That was their struggle to find any ideas to complete the final rite to rid the village of the presence of the Dark Witch. Yes, they now know it is she that is causing all the havoc among the peace loving people of the village of The Red Dawn Tribe. Morgana and Patience have spent over a week now of restless, sleepless nights trying to piece together what was going on, and some way to fight it on their own terms. They had come so close with Morgana's Dream walking only to have it end right before the crucial part; the rite of vanquish.

Nowhere was this rite written down, only hinted to in the good book; The Gilmore, a sacred book passed down through the ages by all the past Shaman of The Red Dawn Tribe. Only one shaman in history has ever had to deal with the Dark One first hand, and she is no longer alive, nor is she one of the few that make up the Greats up on high that Morgana can visit through her dreams from Alter Mountain during a Dream Walk.

Morgana after failing to go back during her nightly dreams to replay the one dream walk she had that was so forward-telling of the rite of vanquish finally gave up and went up to Alter Mountain with Patience to visit the Greats for help. But help was not hers to be had. They could not help her for non had known of this specific rite. Morgana frustrated even went to see Marissa the village leader and Nadine the village elder, neither knew of the rite of vanquish. The Dark Witch is only growing stronger with her influence on the storms and havoc on the small village, burning up complete fields of newly planted crops. Killing cattle grazing out in the fields. Lightning striking homes and barns during a crystal clear blue sky, with no rime or reason as to how or why.

It is late at night Patience dead on her feet, and Morgana is still studying all the books in her library of ancient tomes and scrolls. The middle room with the prep bench is littered with every imaginable type of literature from all the ages. “Patience, ya go on up ta bed. Ya need ya sleep.” Morgana led her by the arm in the direction of the doorway of the kitchen sending her to bed. “Get ya rest I do this.” And Morgana was alone once again with her books.

Storms brew along the northern ridge. A shaman stands proud among the lightning flashes and clouds. A streak of light illuminates the western ridge. Alter Mountain explodes in a magnitude of brilliant colorful lights, rising out of their center a solitary shaman arms outstretched palms raised up to the heavens, head tilted back to the one God up above. She intakes the Masters powers shining down from above and radiated it ever outward to the east. To the Witch

North

The north another Shaman, also pulling the Masters powers; though not as strong as the one on Alter Mountain, but still she pulls and directs it to the East. To the Witch.

East.

The east a Witch, receptor/director/intensifier. The Witch she receives a tremendous amount of shaman directed power, Pulls it into her then redirects it back out through raised hands back towards the south.

South

South, the fiery realm of the Dark Witch. Pure Evil. ‘She Lives’ once again. The south a Dark Witch the final target of all their energy. The power is here, only the words must be ready and available to stop her.

Patience, dreaming away up in her bed. Watching and waiting. Just so close to the words. One phrase, an ending to all their problems. Weeks worth of struggling all comes down to this moment.

****The Dream Begins ****

 From the West: By the powers of the God of daylight, of the almighty. I sent light. I send the golden powers of the light.

From the North: By the powers of the Goddess of darkness, of her grace. I send the dark. I send the midnight powers of darkness.

From the East: I join these powers of the God and Goddess, to them I add the powers of Mother Earth. I add the powers of grounding, the power of stability. By the powers of the three almighty and the powers that reside within me. I as Witch Supreme send these powers combined toward the South. Do as I command Witch that I am, destroy the Witch of Dark, heart, body and sole. Do with as ye are told.

The Witch of the East flung out all the powers sent to her by the shaman combined with her own southward toward the Dark Witch forcing her back out of Red Dawn forever. Destroyed hopefully.

Patience woke with a start, flying out of bedchanging quickly into something warm—flew down the stairs trying not to fall the last few down into the living room, turning to go into the kitchen. “Patience, what the rush?” She ran straight into the kitchen door frame when she turned her head after hearing Morgana call to her.

“Ouch,” She fell back on her butt. “Ow, Oh… Morgana...” Patience stood up rubbing her butt and head, turned to walk back over to the chair by the fire to sit down. “I had ta dream last night...,” Patience was so excited to tell Morgana she was bouncing around from the chair to the fireplace and back again. Morgana was watching her bounce from place to place amused.

“Sit, Tell me... What ya see?” Morgana interest now peaked. Finally got Patience to settle down in one spot. She went and fetched a pot of hot tea to calm her down. Once she was back with a pot of tea and two teacups filled with steeping tea in front of each of them Morgana asked her. “So…, Now what was ya dream about?”

Patience went about telling Morgana all about her dream from beginning to end not leaving any little details out. Morgana was so happy, they had the final puzzle piece to get rid of the Dark One once and for all. Now to just put it all into action.