~The End~

Weird modern AU where any anime character can just appear and disappear when they please. (Does that make sense?)

~(Y/N)'s Pov~

I sat plopped down on the couch after a long day of watching anime. Why wasn't I already on the couch? Because I was watching it with my friends in the potato mafia after making plans.

I scrolled through my Instagram absentmindedly until I came across a picture of [Anime Character]. I immediately started squealing. I fell on my back kicking my legs in the air while saying, "my baby's sooo cute!" (I can't be the only one who does this right?)

I finally calmed down. Until I saw fanart of [Ship Name]. I screamed a bit eternally for a while, but I eventually regained my composure.

I kept scrolling until I spotted a picture of a certain small blonde. It immediately made me sad. Why? Because I feel like I've been ignoring him.

"It's about time you remembered me," a sudden familiar voice said.

I jumped before spotting the blonde who appeared beside me. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He inquired.

I was surprised. He didn't care that I have been forgetting him? I quickly stopped my staring a said, "I've been forgetting you and I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he smiled softly.

At this point I was beyond confused at his actions. "Why?"

"Look, (Y/n). I know you've been forgetting about me. There are a lot of other people who you've been occupying your time with. You can forget about me. As long as you're happy it's ok," he stated.

I could feel my eyes start to tear up. "But I don't want to forget about you. You were always my favorite."

Tears were threatening to spill as he said that. "Stop. I'm not going to forget you. Stop saying I will," I whispered at a tone that was barely audible.

"You will. Eventually. It's inevitable. You haven't even realized how much you already have." A tear slid down my cheek. As he continued talking. "I want you to be happy with everyone else. Without being stuck with me."

"I'll never forget you. I love you," I said, my voice cracking.

"I love you too," he said.

Slowly, his figure got more transparent and eventually disappeared altogether.

I sat in silence for a moment. I clicked my phone screen on and saw a picture of an anime character. He had blonde hair in a braid that went to his shoulders. His eyes were a pretty golden color.

Why was he my background?

I've never seen him before.

I didn't change it because something told me not too. I left the picture just how it was. Even though I didn't know who this was every time I looked at him, it felt warm and inviting.

His eyes were always my favorite.

Golden.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay

-Robert Frost

-End-

-Or is it?-