Chapter 26

Authors note: I love the support you guys are giving me! You all motivate me to write. Thank you all so much for the comments and votes! This chapter we will be seeing how others react to their budding relationship. Thranduil shows his bad side again but in a way you all are going to love! (i think)

I dare you to cross me!

Gandalf walked toward loriels door seeing Legolas leaned against the arch of the corridor. Gimli was with his ear pressed to the door. Muttering to himself quitely.

"Elf is wilder than a bull in spring" he muttered

"Master dwarf what on earth are you doing?" he said.

"Um—urhm nothing just well come take a listen to Loriels room. You will understand shortly."

Gandalf leaned toward the door and heard love moans and sighs. A familiar lady and a certain elf king. He laughed joyfully and walked back toward the odd pair of friends.

"My father has been sorrowful of late I had thought it was something that happend between he and the lady. Now that they have come to terms with whatever it is my heart is glad." he said

"even if it is taboo to have another partner?" Gandalf asked as the trio left the halls.

"It matters not to me. She is a great lady and my father is a better man when she is in his life and she is happier."

"True words master elf. I'm happy for the lassie "Gimli said.

"Yes they were always meant to challenge each other to be better." Gandalf murmured.

*************★***************

The next day

Loriel moved her sword in practice with her sister. Her mate was overseeing other things and trusted no one else to practice with his pregnant mate.

Her mate stood in all his glory talking with Elronds sons. She felt his rising agitation through the bond. She ignored what comments they made for the most part.

She and her sister continued the spar until something broke her resolve.

"—Such a horrendous beast has garnered great Thranduil's affection!"

"Its the same as sleeping with a beast!"

She twirled in a display of speed and grace and pulled her bow and two arrows out and let them fly. They broke the cups in the twins hands.

"Oh I thought i was shooting at two cackling crows very annoying creatures." She called moving toward them picking up her arrows. She turned to find that Thranduil had his sword at their necks.

*************★***************

Thranduil saw the twins reach for their swords as his lady bent to retrieve her arrows. His sword was at their nnecks within seconds.

"I would warn you against such foolishness. The lady is dear to me beyond measure. Do her harm and I will show you why travelers fear treading in my domain." His voice was dangerously low. He sheathed his sword and reached his arm out to his lady.

They walked toward Kariel and she took his other arm. Loriel looked at Thranduil as he looked at her and she felt tears enter her eyes.

'I have never had anyone take up for me before I thought it would be impossible to see you do such a thing. Thank you Thranduil.' she thought to him.

'I dare any to cross me. I am not an elf to be toiled with. Especially when it comes to those I care about. ' he said.

*************★***************

Word spread that Thrabduil's beloved was Loriel. The creature he had been so against months before. A few were confused. Those who didn't know the pair was horrified. Thinking it was some witchery.

Any who knew the pair knew very well why it was so amazing to see the the two stand for one another. They made each other better. Thranduil was by far more kind and open to things. Loriel was more out going and took up conversing with others.

No one dared cross Thranduil he was known for his temper and wrath. His lady was no longer whispered about. His bad side was now turned to his lady's enemies whoever they may have been.

That was what mates did though they made each other better. They challenged each other to be better. They stood beside each other through the ages despite whatever came their way. They were two being bonded into one.

When the wedding festivities were over. The king and his lady stayed a while in order to attend Eowyn's wedding.

End note: this isn't the end just a little bit of setting the stage for more in depth scenes. There will be more intense scenes. to come. I apologize. Bear with me please.Read and enjoy.