Chapter 34

Authors note thanks for.the support guys you are awesome. If your wondering what's up.with the prophecy you will find out in this chapter. Legolas sequal is definatly going to happen. Thank you guys for sticking with me through all of this. Best readers ever!!!! <3

Anniversary of where it all began

Aragon watched the elves and the cursed elves come toward his doors. He smiled holding Arwen's hand tightly. Gandalf stood near them as well as Eowyn and Faramire. He was excited to see if the curse was broken. If Loriel was happy? And how the babe was.

He noted the fangs still peaking out of loriels mouth and his heart dropped. Though the two couldn't be happier than they were now.

They all said hello and doted upon the babe. Aragon invited them to dinner that night. He promised no large feast or celebration. That would come later in the week.

When his guests were occupied with unpacking he called Gandalf to his study.

*************★***************

"The curse is still there my friend. The prophecy is unfulfilled." he said bluntly

Gandalf thought about it a while and laughed joyfully.

"Oh I think it has been fulfilled. I don't believe the prophecy was meant tto be magical. It was simply meant to be a coming together of two peoples." when Aragon simply stared at him Gandalf went on to.explain.

"Leaders hold much sway over their people. The biggest curse of the people was nothing magical only a by product of the actual curse. It was the fact they couldn't be accepted by their mates. The mates part was magical. That wont change though. Because of love two people with a lot of painful history between them can forgive each other. Because of love they can beget a child. because of Thranduil and Loriels love their people have accepted one another. The prophecy has been fulfilled but not by magic bit simply by love."

Aragon thought of it a moment and a grin broke out on his face.

"Now it makes perfect sense."

***************★*************

Thranduil looked down up Aven and his heart swelled. She was always watching everything that went on. She was always wanting to be held and had taken an interest in Legolas especially. The two were rarely seperated.

His mate bathed across the room and she hummed quitely to herself as she washed her skin. She didn't realize what she did to him. She didn't realize how beautiful she was to him. That was one of the main reasons he loved her so much. Elf maids normally knew they were treasured and beautiful their whole life. She hadn't known this she had discovered it as she went along much like a human might.

He hoped his daughter was just like her mother. Beautiful and kind, stubborn and yet flexible to change. He would worry as she grew that some strapping young elf boy would take her from him. No one would ever measure up in his eyes. He would try to give her to the man who would treasure her the most.

"Love if you think so hard your head will explode" she called over to him.

He smiled at the glint in her eyes she knew what his thoughts concerned. " Little one I just may bite you to wipe that impish expression off your face."

"Now that would be a sight to see love"

***************★*************

Loriel stood taking in the night air on the balcony. She rested her head on Thranduil's shoulder. His warmth and closeness was warm against the cool night air.

"Tell me little one it has been on my mind for a long time. Why did you join the quest for the destruction of the ring. Your kind was reviled by all. What made you want to help?" he asked.

"At first I believed it was because Gandalf asked me to accompany the company. As I progressed in the journey I realized it was for a different reason." she paused gathering her thoughts.

"I fought for those that in all honesty hated me because of the potiental I saw. The potiential for acceptance and good in the world. Potienal for better I saw within them." she answered finally.

"That is one of the best reasons to fight for. It is an honorable thing." he said.

"Yes. Where is Legolas he didn't say goodnight to Aven? I didn't see him or Gimli at dinner. Where are those two?" she asked.

"They said something along the lines of journeying for a while together. To see kin of Gimli's and to spend time together." he answered.

"Ah I pray they will be careful. I worry for them even though I know they can take care of themselves. Perhaps we can meet them at a pub or dinner someday near the end of their travels." she stood stretching languidly and took her mates arm going to bed.

"How would you describe how you have come to feel for me" she asked straddling his hips.

"As if it is an obsession. I was heartless once and now I have empathy. I think of how my actions hurt others. You are and will always be my Heartless obsession." he said resting his hands on her hips.

"A better elf for it" she said leaning down to kiss him.

"Yes I am and I'm lucky to ever have deserved you" he caught her lips in a gentle kiss. She pulled away for a moment

"Now we must endeavor to find Legolas a wife!" she said happily.

Thranduil rolled his eyes at her impulsive mood.

"Loriel can we worry about that tomorrow and just concentrate on making love tonight" he asked exasperated.

She giggled happily. "I guess so my elf king. If you promise to let me handle choosing his wife or giving him our blessing." she moved as if to kiss him and pulled back at the last moment. "Promise" she said in a sing song voice.

"I swear it on my life. Now kiss me woman!" he said and she kissed him.

**************★**************

The world knew the story to be strange. A maiden won over her king. An elf had to learn empathy and wisdom from said lady. The lady was no fair gentle maid. She was a queen to a people in exhile and a warrior are that. The king was not kind and gentle he was at one time cold and heartless. Brought together by love they learned to be better together. They bettered each other. Their peoples accepted each other and the world was a better place.

************The End***********