Chapter 30

Authors note: I think you guys will love this chapter I do personally.

A night of falling stars. . .

In the week since they had arrived Thranduil had been concerned with diplomatic affairs. And what spare time he had managed to find was spent at first in trying to get Loriels acceptance of his apology. She finally relented in her mad spell when he had explained to her the situation after he had offered his blood to her.

He felt as if it was similar to how an elf or man would kneel and beg forgiveness. He didn't mind it was always extremely pleasurable and intimate.

He began noticing something strange with Loriel though. She would be sleeping soundly but the covers would be nested around her. Strange. She also seemed more Moody of late, perhaps it was still left over anxiety from the fight or from being in an unfamiliar place with a large task ahead of her. She would rule at his side once he managed to ask her to marry him.

Whenever he would see how the issue was viewed by her she would simply say they were already married to her kind. Strange to him but still he desired to have her as his equal in all things.

*************★***************

She lay upon the bed dozing as it seemed she always did recently. It had been a few weeks since she arrived in Mirkwood. In public eye Thranduil was colder than he had been in Gondor. In private he was just the same.

She had forgiven him for risking his life during the battle by not linking with her. He had offered his neck and an explanation and she had put the transgresson out of her mind.

Recently her moods had been more fluid than water. She didn't understand what was happening to her. She had also been craving his blood as well. Last night during their love making she had almost bitten into his neck.

She was going crazy surely. She rose up finally ready to bath and join the world of the living. Thranduil had also been hinting at marriage the past weeks.

She would love nothing more to be bound to him by the laws of his people. And yet she wouldn't allow him to suffer humiliation at her expense. His people wouldn't take well to the idea of her being queen.

If her suspicions were to be proven right then she was nervous and unsure. She would contact Kariel later today to confirm her worries or dissuade them.

*************★***************

Thranduil found his lady in the training yard practicing with her bow. By the valor she was beautiful. Most of the days now passed without him seeing her. He missed the sight of her and was glad to see her at the end of the day.

"Loriel would you accompany me on a walk?" he called.

She turned and smiled bounding over to him smiling widely at him. He caught her in a hug and they walked out toward the forest.

Tonight was a special night. It was a night of falling stars. A night where it seemed anything could happen. Tonight was going to be spectacular.