The horse that could jump heaven.

[Based on the sad and truthful story of Hickstead. March 2, 1996 – November 6, 2011. May angles lead you in <3]

 My eyes began to flicker, I rubbed them, and slowly began to adjust to the light. It was approximetly 7:06AM, on Tuesday the 6th March 2012, my birthday. To be quite honest, I wasn't excited about my birthday, at all. It was just another day, and another year of my quite average life. Why am I not happy? Because I know I'm not getting a horse. The only thing I ever want. I ask year and year over and it's always the same, I've given up asking. I should be grateful for what I've got, I know, which I really am, but you don't know how happy a horse would make me. I've suffered from depression for the previous 3 years, my Grandmother and father both died due to heart attack and my mother was tested positive to cancer, which she sucsesfully beat on 3rd September 2011. My mother was due to have a baby last year to, but lost it. Anyway, I got up, well dragged myself out of my warm bed into the cold wooden floor. I dragged on my dressing gown and went to brush my teeth. 

"Good morning, beautiful." My mum smiled as she came out of her bedroom, while I was passing her to go to the bathroom.

"Morning." I smiled, not even looking back at her. I shut the door to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. When I came out, my mum called me downstairs for breakfast. Since it was my birthday, waffles were on the menu, not that they were my paticular faveourite.

"Happy birthday, chap." My dad came from the living room, paper in his hands and work clothes on. 

"Aren't you meant to be at work?" I said, looking up, completely ignoring the fact that he'd even spoke to me.

"...Well, yes...but it's worth staying an extra five minutes to say happy birthday to my little girl!"

"Thanks." I said, going back to my waffles.

"Aren't you going to open your presents?" My mother smiled, she passed me some fresh orange juice from out of the fridge.

"Oh yeah, forgot about them." I got up from my seat and went into the living room, the TV was switched to the morning news and the fire was roaring. It was actually quite homey. There to my right was my presents stacked in a little corner inbertween some plant and the couch. Not a very big pile, but that didn't really matter since I'll never get what I really want until I'm at least eighteen, and that wasn't possible unless I won the lottery. My parents came in behind me, my father was holdings mum's waist, smiling. I turned back at them and they swooned there hanned in the diretion of the presents, not saying anything. I got down on my knee's and crawled towards them, sitting cross legged. It took me a while to open them all, most of them were from my parents, just the odd one or two was from my other relatives, we didn't speak to them much, both sides of my family hate each other. They were just books for caring, grooming and keeping a horse, which most of I already know, I got some clothes to, a pair of purple jodhpurs and a nie striped top. I thought they'd look nice with a pair of stud earings i bought the previous week.

"Well, do you like you're presents sweetheart?" My mum came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you so much! I love you mum." I stood up wrapping my hands around her waist.

"No problem, sweetie. Come on, you need to get readdy for school saddly."

"Oh, okay." I got up and went to give my dad a hug before he left for work, with a cup of coffe in his hand. I wandered up stairs and into my bedroom to get changed. I wore some dark skinny jeans, a white top and a purple hoody. I paired it with them earings and some ballet flats which I really liked. I straightened my hair and pinned it back before getting my bag and leaving for my mum to take me to school.