Empty [2]

• Dedicated to Hickstead. R.I.P March 2, 1996 – November 6, 2011

I was there, on the floor, in tears. My heart was shattered, the world hated me. Aaliyah and Leah stepped out of the barn and came up to my mum and dad, they all started laughing at me. And all of sudden, everyone seemed to notice me. They came up laughing to. I wanted to die. I didn't even know what to do. I'm so confused.

"Pathetic. Get up." Leah looked down at me, she felt supurior to me. I felt like a slave. I gor up of course, not that I could be anymore humilated.

"....What? Are you going to hit me?" I looked down, prepared for the hit.

"No stupid. No one wants to touch your pasty skin. We're competing. Puissane style." Leah pointed towards her paddock, which was ten times bigger then mine. Some girl came up behind her, passing her her horse. It was a grey thoroughbred mare, around 15.3 hands, the same height as Henry.

"Fine. I'll be here i two minutes." I ran into the stable, brushing my tears away from my face. I pulled Henry out of his stable and quickly slipped on his bridal and saddle. I changed the bit, to a kimberwick. I felt bad having to use this as they say less is more, since the kimberwick is genrally used in younger riders riding strong horses, but I felt weak at the time. He didn't take to nicely to the bit but i eventually got it in. I brought him outside, and climbed onto his back straight away.

"You haven't even groomed him." She tutted as we both walked into the paddock together. the first wall was set up, it was 1.75m. 

"That doesn't matter at this moment." I tried to say as strong as I could, I didn't want to cry. I felt like I was letting myself down. 

 Leah was first, she began to canter softly, going over the first jump which was half the size of the actual Puissance jump. Her horse eventually saw the jump and gaained speed, she pulled back so the horse wouldn't loose all of its energy on jumping. At the last second she let the horse spurt, it jumped it perfectly, not even touching it. 

Then it was my turn. I began to canter, Henry was head tossing and swishing his tail, he bucked a couple of times to. We went over the first jump, knocking a bar, it didn't fall of thankfully. Henry went for the jump, I let him go at his own pace, I went with him. He did it, only just though. I was worried he wouldn't make the next jump.

The jump extended it's height.1.95M. It looked ten times huger then the last, but I had to go for it.

 Leah jumped the beginner jump beautifully I must admit. Her horse went for it, she did the same as me and let her go. She did it, the horses hoof almost knocked it of though.

 My turn again. His bucking toned down, he didn't do it this time. He went for the first jump and did it proudly. I held back this time since it was bigger, I wanted him to use his energy on the jump and not the running. He did it. Almost knocking it over, it moved but didn't fall.

 Next round, 2.10M. My heart was outside my chest now pracitcally. I was so scared, the reins were shaking it my hand. 

  Leah passed it. The crows cheered, she waved back at them in gratitude.

 Okay. Here we go. I began to canter, I slowed down, it was time to jumo the first jump. One two three release. We made it. But that wasn't the worry, it was now Puissance. Henry grew nearer and nearer to it and started acting up, he refused. He ran right into the jump, I landed on his neck. I landed on my head. The first thing I did was to check if he was okay.

"HENRY!" I screamed, I got back up. I think I dislocated my jaw or something. It hurt like hell but I didn't care, I had more pain in my heart watching my horse pracitcally die. He didn't get up. I screamed.

I screamed again.

No one cared.

I cried. 

Then I fell to the ground. 

My eyes shut.