Surprise

Cody's POV:

(Y/N)'s birthday is coming, so I decided to get her tickets to a concert coming up; Shawn Mendes. She has loved him for forever, ever since he was on Vine. I kind of liked him too, maybe not as much as her; he is pretty good and his songs are so laid-back and chill. One night, we were listening to her Spotify when a new song by him came on.

"I really like this song. What's it called?" She smiled

"Patience. By Shawn Mendes. You know he's coming here on his new tour! I really wanna go but I have no money," she sadly admitted.

"I don't either. I would kinda like to see him. I think it'd be really cool."

"HIS CONCERTS ARE AMAZING! LITERALLY THE BEST TIME EVER! He just sings with so much emotion, he's the best." I smiled at her fangirl moment.

"Don't laugh at me, I love him so much. He means so much to me."

"Do you love him more than me?"

"Yes. Sorry, babe," she giggled. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Whatever. Good thing I love Stella more than you. She would never leave me for Shawn Mendes, or anyone."

"I wouldn't leave you for Shawn, Cody. I love you too much." She leaned in and kissed my lips, and I softly smiled.

After that day, I've been waiting for the tickets to go on sale. I even stayed home the day they went on sale so I could be one of the first ones to buy tickets. I had front row seats chosen, a few minutes before they officially went on sale. Right when 10:00 hit, I immediately clicked the 'buy tickets' button and...I GOT THEM! YES! She's gonna be so excited. Deciding to be extra nice, I went to buy meet and greet passes. because I'm the best boyfriend in the world. Once I had successfully bought both, I smiled, being really proud of myself. I can't wait to see her reaction when she gets the tickets.

*your birthday*

Cody's POV:

Today was her birthday, and I honestly couldn't wait to give her her gift. We were spending the day together, going out to lunch, shopping at a couple malls, getting manicures and pedicures together, which she somehow convinced me to do. When we got back to my house, where she would be sleeping over, we were tired as hell, worn out, and our feet hurting so much from walking. She plopped down on my couch, I following her actions. I cuddled up to her and snuggled my face in her neck.

"You still haven't given me my present, Herbinko. Im expecting something amazing if you're putting it off.

"Don't worry, babe. It is amazing. Come here, I'll give it to you now." She excitedly got up and followed me into my room. I had a folder wrapped in a plain-colored wrapping paper. She gave me the meanest look ever.

"What the hell, Cody?"

"Don't judge a book by it's cover, (Y/N). Just open it." She sighed and ripped the wrapping paper, only to find the folder. She opened it, seeing a piece of paper covering the tickets. She gave me another look.

"Just move the piece of paper, damn," I laughed at her impatience. She took out the paper, and her eyes widened. I smiled at my victory.

"Cody...you did not."

"Yes I did."

"Front row Shawn Mendes tickets?!?!"

"YEP!"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, CODY! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT THESE FOR ME! DO YOU REALIZE HOW EXCITED I AM?!" I laughed loudly as she jumped into my arms, giving me a huge bear hug.