Proposing - Wedding Series

His POV:

Today was the day. I'm proposing to (Y/N). I can't get over the fact that she might be my fiancée in a couple hours, and then in a few months, my wife. I had the ring sitting on my dresser, along with the collar and dog tag for Teddy. I dressed as nice as I could for the dog park, a white shirt and black jeans, of course. I had already asked her in advance if she wanted to go, so she wasn't burdened with having to get ready quickly. Once I was ready, and calmed myself down for a while, I put Stella's leash on her collar, grabbing the stuff I needed, the ring, and my keys, and made my way to my car; she was meeting me there so I didn't have to pick her up. But, I forgot one thing. I ran back inside and called my mom. She yelled back from the kitchen and I ran to her.

"I'm proposing to (Y/N) today. I meant to tell you earlier but it slipped my mind."

"Cody, I'm so proud of you! Call me immediately if she says yes." I laughed and nodded. She of course asked how I was proposing, and I quickly explained to her my plan, telling her that I was a little late. I finally started to drive away from my house, Stella panting happily as she knew where we were going. When I pulled into the parking lot, I started to get very nervous again. I sat there for a few minutes, taking deep breaths. Once I had regained my confidence, I got out and Stella followed, immediately running around. I saw (Y/N) sitting on a bench on her phone, I guess waiting for me. I jogged over to her and scared her, causing me to laugh loudly.

"Cody, you jerk! You scared the crap out of me. Why are so late anyways?" She giggled.

"It's my job to scare you, babe. And I was just telling my mom h-" I stoped, almost telling her I was going to propose. She gave me a weird look.

"How long I was gonna be gone and when I was coming back and where I was going. She says hi." Saved myself, and even better, she bought it and didn't question me. I mentally sighed and grabbed her hand. She was wearing the cutest fall outfit ever, she looked perfect, as always.

Your outfit:

"So, how've you been with college?" I asked her

"So, how've you been with college?" I asked her. She sighed, leaving her head on my shoulder as I sat next to her.

"Stressful. I mean it's fun, but sometimes the work can be way too much, when I also have work and take care of a dog."

"I can take care of Teddy for you for a while. Just to take some stress off your shoulders." She shook her head.

"You don't need to, Cody. It's fine. It's not that I don't have time to, it's just there are times where I need to focus on homework and he wants attention."

"Babe, I told you, I can take him for a while, it's fine. Him and Stella get along so well." She sighed and shook her head again. She's so stubborn, but that's one reason why I love her. I gave up and turned back to the field. I saw Stella and Teddy playing together happily, and hopefully they would see each other soon. I called them over to give them a drink of water. I pulled out the to go dog bowls for them when (Y/N) stood up.