-2 NoTeBoOk

Tyler

He walks out of school, Josh walking only two meters in front of him, he could try to talk to the boy again, but Josh doesn't seem to want Tyler anywhere near him. So Tyler decides he will just walk behind the boy with the red hair and the broken smile.

'Dad I'm home!' Tyler drops his bag on the floor and walks into the living room, he isn't quite used to everything here, he misses his aunt and uncle. 'Hey son, how was school?' 'weird' Tyler shakes his head 'met a boy named Josh, he doesn't talk' but Tyler is talking to a wall, his father isn't listening anymore, he's cheering for the basketball team on the screen. And he forgot about his youngest son. 'I'm going upstairs' Tyler walks towards the stairs.

Josh

he enters his house, there is no one to be seen, it doesn't bother Josh, he is completely fine with being alone. He walks upstairs, into his room and grabs his notebook. Tyler almost saw it, he shakes his head, what does that new boy want from him? Can't he just leave Josh alone? He opens the book and starts writing on a blank page

I must have forgot, you can't trust me, I'm open a moment and close when you show it. Before you know it, I'm lost at sea. And now that I write it and think about it, and the story unfolds, you should take my life, you should take my soul

he closes the book, it's the only place where you can find what's in his mind. But he won't show it to anyone. It's his secret. He drops the book back in his bag and puts his earphones in.

Tyler

It's the last hour of the day, music class. Tyler looks around, he is in the classroom and he forgot every name, only the name from the boy next to him won't leave his mind. He looks at Josh, he is writing again. Tyler is curious but he understands it's privat. 'So for this project you will work together with the person next to you' the teacher walks towards Tyler's table 'I'm sorry, you have to work with Josh, I understand that it's hard to work with him for a project since he doesn't talk, but there is no other option' the teacher smiles lightly and Tyler hates her already, why would she say this kind of stuff about Josh with Josh sitting right here?

'Don't worry, I don't mind working together with Josh, he seems nice' Josh looks at Tyler and gives him a weird look. Tyler only smiles. The teacher walks away and Tyler turns his head 'hey Josh, looks like it's you and me, we have to make a project, not sure if you heard?' Josh looks back yo his notebook, totally ignoring Tyler. 'No need to be so rude' Tyler comes closer to Josh trying to see what's in his notebook. But Josh closes it. 'We have to write a song'

Josh

of course Josh knew what they were supposed to do, they had to write a song and sing it in front of the whole class! No way Josh would sing. It was Tylers project and how much Josh hated to let the younger boy do all the work, this wasn't a project Josh could help him with.

'so do you have any ideas?' Tyler just doesn't give up, they were walking home, Josh hated the fact that his house was in the same direction as Tylers. 'Oh sorry, forgot you don't talk, we have two weeks for this project, maybe we can work on it after school? Like at my house, or yours ofcourse, I don't mind' Josh rolls his eyes. Why isn't this boy leaving? He should listen to his brother. Josh is a 'freak', a 'loser' why is Tyler putting so much effort in him?

'Oh, eh I have to go left here, well.. bye Josh, see you around!' Josh sighs, he hates the fact that this boy is so nice, it makes it harder for Josh to remain silent.

sometimes quiet is violent

He puts his notebook away and starts making dinner. When it's almost finished his brother and sisters arrive, he doesn't know where they have been, nor does he care. 'Thanks for making dinner Joshy' his brother smiles, he is the only one who every now and then talks to him. Not that he ever gets a response. His dad isn't home, of course he isn't.. He is never home.

Josh would love to go live by himself, but he has to take care of his two sisters and Jordan, on top of that, Josh is kind of poor, he has a job, ofcourse, but it's not like he makes a lot of money.

He looks at his phone, no messages, he isn't surprised, he never gets a message. His sisters tell him they would do the dishes and clean the table so Jordan and Josh can go do something for themselfs, Jordan walks into his room, and Josh does the same thing. He grabs his notebook and searches for senteces that might be usefull for the English project.

'Cause when the sun sets, it upsets what's left of my invested interest Interested in putting my fingers to my head,

nah, to depressed, Tyler wouldn't like the stuff that's written in Joshs notebook, it's too down, Tyler looks like such a happy person, why would he enjoy sad music?

little did Josh know that 'happy Tyler' had his own problems.