Who I am Hates Who I've been

Chapter 5

Erica's POV:

Today's the day we shoot our music video and then head to the airport for tour. The first stop is England. I'll be missing Lance's birthday. I promised him I would make it, but turns out I'll be missing it. The car pulls up to the site. Of course... Sam and 5SOS are there. I sighed opening up the door to Jade's car. I got out and put on a fake smile. I grabbed my headphones from my front pocket and plugged my phone in. I don't feel like talking. I have to miss my baby brother's 17th birthday. I feel a nudge on my shoulder. I roll my eyes... thinking it was Jade or Haydn. No not my luck. It's Luke.

"Wow. I feel loved." Luke said.

"Sorry. I thought you were Jade or Haydn." I said. Mentally face palming.

"Last time I checked I don't have boobs, or long hair, also I have a dick." He said causing me to laugh.

"I would hope so." I said.

"Erica!" Jade called.

"That's my cue." I said walking  away. We changed into our outfits.

We walked out and waited for the director

We walked out and waited for the director. I could tell my anxiety was kicking in. I started shaking. I felt a hand on my back.

"Just focus on your breathing." Jade said as Haydn rubs my back. I pull them both into a hug.

"I love you guys." I said. We pulled apart and we got called on set.

"Howdy y'all. I'm Bailey." The director said. We waved hello and stood there awkwardly.

"I was thinking for this video we took a blast in the past. Before you all met. Your backgrounds." Bailey said. My mouth fell open and I shook my head.

"No no no no no no no no." I said. "I do not want to remember my past at all. It's done with and I'm never looking back."

"Come on Erica. We can get through this." Jade said. I hate thinking about my past. Even thinking about Jade's. As for Haydn she told us hers. She's German. Her parents didn't want her and the they died was day she was given up to a orphanage,but when she was 13 she got adopted by a family in Australia.... hence how she ended up friends with 5SOS. I nodded my head and walked toward the set.

"How about we start with Erica." Bailey said. I steady my breathing and nodded. They brought a young girl out.

"This is going to be the younger Erica." I just blinked. What the fuck am I doing. We got told what was going to happen. I sat on my "Bed" and the music started playing.

"I watched the proverbial sunrise
Coming up over the Pacific and
You might think I'm losing my mind
But I will shy away from the specifics."
I sat there looking at the window. It was a flash back to my parents fighting. The younger me ran into the room crying. She grabbed a note book and started writing. Sitting next to me I looked down.

"Cause I don't want you to know, where I am
'Cause then you'll see my heart
In the saddest state it's ever been
This is no place to try and live my life"
It quickly changed to her getting older and she started fighting back. I stood up and walked behind her. Still feeling the sting of my mothers slap. The teen me looked at her brothers. Fighting back the tears. Mouthing I love you to them. I flinch when I remember what happens next. I shake my head and walk off.

"Erica!" Bailey yelled. I shook my head and continued off.

"Just leave her alone." Haydn said.

"She needs to get back here." Bailey yelled.

"She said she didn't want to do this. Just stop." Jade said.

"She can't just walk away." Bailey said.

Flashback

"We can't keep doing this." My dad said.

"I refuse to live like this." My mother yelled.

"Your just gonna walk out on this family!" My dad yelled.

"I hate this family. I never asked for this. It was your fault. You just had to create that." She barked back pointing to me. I fought back tears and pushed my brothers back. My mother stomped off. Slapping me on her way out. My father was in rage. I mouthed I love you to my brothers.

"This is your fault. Your no daughter of mine!" He screamed. I fought back tears looking at my journal

"Go to bed. I'll wake you up for school in the morning." I said kissing my brothers foreheads. They nodded and walked to their shared room. I walked out of the door and sat on the porch. Picking up my journal and wrote. Letting the tears fall on the page freely.

End of flashback

I felt something wet run down my cheek. Great I'm crying. I slide down the wall even more and grab my phone. I looked at it and threw it at the wall in rage.

"FUCK!" I yelled. I lean my head back and let myself calm down.

"I don't like this idea." Haydn said.

"Neither do I." Jade said. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them. I lay my head on my knees and sit there.

"Erica. You okay?" Jade asked. I looked up.

"Quit blaming yourself. It's not your fault the wounds are still fresh." I said.

"We shouldn't have made you." Haydn said.

"You guys had it harder than me. Don't be sorry. I just. I guess I can't get past the pain it brings." I said. I stand up and walk to the set.

"Finally. Your back." Bailey said. "Were you crying. This will make it even better." I roll my eyes and play with bands on my wrist. I look over at the set then smirk. I know how to make this interesting. When she said action I started trashing the set. Jade and Haydn saw what I was doing and joined in.

"CUT!" Bailey yelled. "What the hell is this." I flipped her off.

"This music video.... is not happening this way." Jade said.

"Two words." Haydn said.

"Fuck." I said.

"You." We all said walking away.