Newcomers

I walked down the sidewalk looking for another victim. Many people were out roaming the streets now because it was later in the evening. I hadn’t seen any demons, just humans. When I came across an alleyway, I saw two luring shadows in the back. Curiosity on who it was, lead me to walking down the alley. I knew I really shouldn’t have but I knew how to defend myself and I was ready to fight. Once I got to the shadows, I said, “Who’s there?”

No one spoke but then I saw the two shadows disappear and form into people. I looked directly at there eyes and they were human. Great, I was expecting some demons to kill. Humans were just as deadly as demons though. They were both males and one was older, maybe forty or so and that other was a teen that was maybe sixteen or seventeen.

            “Who are you?” I asked.

            “Great she’s just as stupid as I thought.” The teen muttered.

            “Excuse me?” I asked.

            “I was just tellin’ my dad here that you are as stupid as you look.” He said, smirking.

            “Brad! Knock it off.” His dad yelled smacking him on the back of the head.

Who was this guy and who in the world did he think he was; a God or something? How dare him, just call me stupid like that with no explanation or anything. I don’t even know the kid.

            “I’m sorry miss for my son’s rudeness. My name is Robert Willington.” He said.

            “Who are you exactly?” I asked for the second time.

            “We’re hunters.” Robert whispered.

            I wasn’t expecting that as an answer. I stared at them in disbelief because they didn’t look like hunters, but then again, neither did I.

            “Can I ask you something, why in the hell would you come down here when you saw us?” Brad asked.

            “Curiosity, I guess and because I’m capable of protecting myself from idiots like you.” I protested.

            “Oooh, I’m so scared of you.” He mocked.

            “Enough! Now, can we get back to where your brother is?” Robert asked.

            “Wait, how do you know about my brother?” I asked.

            “Kendra sent us. Now, can we please get off the streets?” He asked.

I nodded, debating whether or not to trust them. They did know about Kendra and my brother; they claimed to be hunters which I wasn’t so sure about.  Brad was ticking me off though and I hoped that they told Cole and I whatever they wanted to and then leave. We all silently walked back to where I lived well, did live. I needed to try and find a new place.

I walked at a fast pace in front of the two guys trying at all costs to not talk to them, especially Brad. The two of them whispered to each other but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. Once we arrived at the building, I prayed that Cole hadn’t left yet to go to the club because I couldn’t stand to wait for Cole to walk back here and I would have to be stuck awkwardly in the room with strangers. I opened the door and walked in, not bothering to hold the door open to even see if they were still behind me.

Cole was sitting on his bed reading a demon hunting book but when he saw me, he smiled but the smile faded when he saw the two guys. He closed the book and slid it under his bed mattress. He approached us, a concerned look on hid face.