He's Here

I sighed in frustration as I followed a pissed off Brad. There was nothing I could say to change his mind, and frankly, I didn’t want to change his mind. I followed silently next to him, making sure not to look in his direction. As we walked, it gave me a lot of time to think. How was I supposed to get along and corporate with Kendra and the freaking devil! I had no idea what he was like or how he would act.

            Kendra was tolerable and I would be able to stand her, but what if the devil didn’t like me? Wait, why in the world do I care if he likes me? Uh, he can kill you in the blink of an eyes. He is a million times stronger than a demon. So, I’ve resulted in talking to myself. Great, just want I needed, to be going insane.

            We arrived back at Seth’s house and I quickly followed Brad into the house. I found Seth and Cole sitting on the couch talking about something and actually laughing. As much as I didn’t want to ruin this moment, I had too. I pushed past Brad and ran over to Cole. Before Brad could get a word out, I said, “Look, this is my choice and you can’t stop me. Brad’s going to make it sound worse than it is.” Brad rolled his eyes pushed past me now and stood in front of Cole.

            “She wants to turn herself into Kendra and the devil himself.” Brad snarled.

            Both Cole and Seth’s eyes widened and they stared at me like I was going mentally insane. Maybe I was, and was denying the truth. As I thought about it more, who would want to give themselves to the devil? I needed to stop over thinking this. I wanted to find out how powerful I was and how this happened, and the only way to figure that out was by Kendra. I needed to protect my brother and my newest friend, and this was the only way.

            I rolled my eyes and went on explaining to them about Kendra and the devil’s plan about having humans as slaves and everything. I told them about me and everything else Robert told me. No one spoke until I was finished speaking. I stared at them, wanting a comment or question, something at all.

            “You’re crazy as hell.” Seth spoke.

            “Well thanks for the support.” I muttered sarcastically.

            Just by looking at Cole, I would tell he was hesitant on what to say. If I had to admit, I would be confused too. Cole loves me to death, but he would just have to let me go. I bit my lip to prevent myself from saying something I would regret. The house was silent. I glanced at the clock and it was already seven o’clock at night. There was something I wanted to do before I turned myself in to Kendra.

            “I’m going to go for a walk.” I said, turning towards the door.

            No one bothered to follow me or stop me. I assumed their silence was them acknowledging me leaving. I wished Cole would have said something, anything, but it was too late now. He just needed time to think it over. I just hoped he figured it out before tomorrow.

            I started to walk to the one place where I had to visit before I was taken away. My old house. The very first place where I grew up at. This was the place where I watched my parents get murdered and was brought into this screwed up world. So many memories took place in that house; I couldn’t fight back the urge to visit it again for the last time. Call me stupid all you want, but I needed this. It would take a good twenty minutes before I reached my house, but it was worth the walk. Surprisingly, there was no one outside, not even a homeless person.

            As I walked passed alleys, I peeked my head down them, fearing someone was waiting for me there. I was just being paranoid, nothing was going to happen, there was no one in sight. The cool breeze blew my hair, tangling it, and causing me to sigh. I quickly threw my hair up in a ponytail, not wanting to deal with it. Then the house came into the distance and a smile appeared on my face.