Alexa

Looking at the bathroom in awe, I gawked at its features. There was a glass shower that was in the corner of the room, a toilet next that and on the opposite wall was a full length mirror and sink. A crystal chandelier hung in the center of the ceiling. How was there going to be a chandelier in the bathroom?

I turned on the shower after I placed the clothes that Seth had gave me onto the sink counter. There was a brown sparkling tank top and a pair of jean shorts. It was like his sister was just like me. I stripped out of my wet clothes and stepped into the shower, letting the streaming water hit my skin. My body seemed to be in shock from the hotness of the water because I wasn’t used to it.

            It did feel weird to be naked and showering in his house since I just seemed to meet him but I ignored that fact and enjoyed the warmth of the shower. I made sure not to wash my body with the sweet smelling soap because I would end up smelling way better than I had before which may give a red flag to Cole. I did wash my hair, hoping to get it cleaned and remove the smell of salt water.

Once the sand had been rinsed off of my body and rested on the bottom of the shower, I turned the handle off and watched as the water disappeared. I had never felt so exhilarated and clean in awhile. I reached for a towel, which was as soft as could be, and dried myself off. The mirror was fogged up but I wiped the towel across it, making a squeaking noise as I cleared it.

My reflection now stared back at me. My wet, dripping hair seemed longer than ever before and I had just cut it. Why did it seem like the same length as before I cut it? My blond had faded to a brown because it was wet and my blue eyes stood out for than anything against my white, naked body. I stared at my amazing curves of my body, I had the perfect figure, but sadly, that didn’t matter when being a demon hunter. On my stomach was a huge, pink scar that ran from my right hip to my left rib. I can still remember the day I got that scar. It was about two weeks ago.

It was a rainy Saturday afternoon and I was meeting up with Cole for lunch. As I walked, I heard footsteps that seemed to follow me and get closer and closer. I whirled around, and no one was there. The building was empty when I arrived and I thought nothing of Cole being late. About fifteen minutes later, Cole strolled in, water dripping from his hair and clothes.

“Sorry I’m late, the rain held me up some,” he replied, ringing out his dripping wet blonde hair that was now brown.

 “It’s fine.” I replied, not showing the relief that filled me.

My body ached and trembled from the sleepless nights and rain that consisted of my day and night. The rain just kept coming and coming. I sat down on my bed as Cole went to make lunch. I jumped as the front door slammed open.

“Hey,” a voice greeted.

I sighed with relief that the voice was recognizable. Alexa walked into the apartment a smile widened across her whole face. She was never negative, even in the world we live in. Alexandra became my best friend when Cole and I became hunters. She was also a hunter from around here. Her bright blonde curls were now flattened by the rain but her bubbly personality never changed. With flatten curls and bloodshot green eyes; she brought a smile to my face.

“Hey Alexa,” I greeted.

Alexa was a nickname I gave her just so it was shorter and easier to say. She was like a sister to me now and I would take a bullet for me.  Sometimes I worry for her, because she wasn’t always the most focused person in the world.

“What was your score so far today,” she asked, sitting down on the couch.

“Um, I believe it was five,” I replied.