Fear

No, no, no, no. There was no way in the world he was making me do this.

            “No Seth, seriously. There is no way I’m doing this.” I watched closely as he walked closer to the edge of the cliff. His black hair blowing slightly in the wind.

            “Come on, you need to have a little fun,” He replied.

            “I have fun,” I protested, crossing my arms.

He folded his arms and gave me an “I know your lying” look. I took my hair and started to twirl it, not wanting to discuss this anymore. Oh course I was lying but there isn’t any time to have fun in this world. I stared at the edge of the cliff, the one he wanted me to jump off of. I stood still where I was at, refusing to more even an inch. Why on earth would someone do this? Cliff diving is dangerous and terrifying.

            “People cliff dive all the time. It’s fun. I’ve done it before. You will have fun,” he insisted.

            “Out of all the ways I could die, I refused to let drowning or cliff diving be one of those ways.” 

            “Fine, be that way, but I’m going,” he said.

He stared at me, as if thinking I would change my mind about this. There was no way I was doing this. I hated heights and it just wasn’t going to happen. All I heard was the crashing of waves from below, which make me sick to my stomach. I was up super high and just wanted to get down.

Seth walked to the edge of the cliff. I knew he couldn’t die of drowning or anything because he was a demon. I was a human and I could easily die. He slid his shoes off one at a time and then removed his shirt, showing his washboard abs. I couldn’t help but admire is beauty and perfection but snapped myself out of it. He is a demon; you couldn’t think he was cute.

            “Last chance. Don’t be such a downer. Live a little. I know that is hard to say in a world like this, but you should try to have some fun,” he insisted.

            “I’m not a downer,” I protested.

            “Then prove it,” he said turning around.

He looked back over his shoulder and smiled at me. Then he took a large leap off of the cliff. I quickly ran to edge of the cliff, getting down on my knees so I wouldn’t lose my balance and fall. I watched while holding my breath as he fell, not releasing a sound.          He splashed into the water below, going under so that I couldn’t see him anymore. Where was he? I waited and waited, forgetting to breathe until several bubbles rose to the surface and Seth’s head peaked out of the water. Relieved to see that he hadn’t died, I heard him shout, “Come on.” Was I going to do this? Maybe it would be fun.

            “Alright,” I shouted, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

Seth showed a confused but shocked look on his face, surprised that I actually said I would do. Why did I say I would? Was I the one who was insane now? My legs were shaking and my mind screamed at me to stop. I got to my feet and inched forward. I slipped off my shoes, just in case I decided to do this. Wind blew though my hair, causing it to get ratted and messed up.

The scent of salt water stung my nostrils and looking downward at the ocean, caused me to get dizzy. The ocean was a clear as it could be and the beautiful turquoise color was really calming but then there was the crashing of the waves that caused my hesitation. Seth would be down there to help you if you need it. Just don’t think and jump.