Confused

To my shock, I found myself kissing him back. This was my first real kiss; since I never counted the times I kissed demons just to kill them or when I was forced to kiss someone. It felt so nice to kiss someone that I actually liked. His hands rested around my waist and my arms found their way around his neck. His body was surprisingly warm, since he was a demon and all. Then I snapped back into reality and remembered he was a demon.

            My eyes widened as he pulled away from the kiss. My breathing increased and my hands were trembling, not in fear, but in shock. This wasn’t right. It was bad enough I was friends with a demon, but kissing one and it not being a trap was just wrong. I couldn’t kiss Seth, I just couldn’t. We couldn’t be together, it would never work out.

            “I-I have to go.” I stuttered as I bolted for the front door.

            I threw open the front door and took off running towards my house. I was a pretty fast runner but even I know Seth could just appear in front of me if he wanted to. I heard him call my name but he probably thought it was best to leave me alone right now. God, I hoped he was smart and would leave me alone right now. What was I going to do?

             There was no one to talk about this with. Cole would probably freak, since he was just getting used to Seth and Annabella was bias and wanted Seth and I to be together. I would never talk to Robert about this, so that only left one person, Brad. Sure, he was never serious, but he could be. He was my friend and I could talk to him about this and I knew he wouldn’t tell anyone about it.

            This was probably more of a girl to girl talk, but there weren’t any girls for me to talk with. Then Alexa flashed into my mind and I wished she was here to help me and talk with me. I needed her so much right now, but she wouldn’t be coming. Tears filled my eyes but I pushed them down, knowing Cole would suspect something if I came home crying. I arrived home to find Brad sitting on the steps of the apartment and I could hear Robert and Cole inside talking.    

            “Everything alright?” I asked.

            “Yeah, just wanted some fresh air while they talked about Kendra.” Brad replied, bored.

            “Can we talk for a minute, somewhere where they can’t hear us?” I asked, indicating to Robert and Cole.

            He nodded and got up and walked away from the house. I followed him and wondered how he would react to this. I was so confused about this that even if he reacted badly, I wouldn’t care. Then I would know that it was a mistake and would never happen again. What I want to know is why I kissed him back, and liked it? Once we were away from the house, Brad stopped and turned to me, ready for me to talk.

            “Okay, I know this isn’t the best conversation to have with you but I have no one else to talk about this with, especially Cole. What I tell you, you can’t tell him, okay?” I asked.

            “Oh God, you and Seth had sex, didn’t you?” Brad asked and my eyes widened.

            “Oh my God, no!” I screamed, punching him in the arm for thinking that. He started to laugh as he said, “Well the way you’re acting, it seemed like a good guess.”

            “Do you really think I’m like that?” I protested, still in shock that he thinks I would have sex with Seth. Well you did kiss him. I hated myself for reminding me that I kissed Seth.

            “Well, he is the first person, should I call him a person, to actually like you and is supposedly good, so why wouldn’t you take the chance to do something you normally wouldn’t.” He said.