Thalassa

Tori's P.o.V

I sat down next to the tree for three hours. The sun has started to go down and no sign of help whatsoever. I look around, trying to find any thing that I could use to escape. Maybe one of Teresa's arrows, but she would notice right away.

"There's no way to escape, don't even try." Teresa says, it's almost like she read my mind. "Believe me, I've tried. You'll get caught every single time."

"Mph?" I try to say "what?" but the rag doesn't let me say anything.

"I forgot about that," she says as she pulls it down," since we're going to stay here all night..." Teresa sighs,"might as well talk."

"So what do you mean you've tried to escape?" I'm curious now.

"At least 5 of these guys were taken, and so was I. When the band robs they give two choices:join or die."

"Have you seen it happen? You know...someone dying at a robbery?"

"They don't let me go to robberies, everyone else here decided to join for good, but I still want to go home."

"Home? How was it?" I want to know more about Teresa now, she seems like she's in my situation.

"I come from Greece, I was little and an orphan. A young couple that couldn't have kids adopted me, I was their child. They named me Thalassa, it means Sea in Greek. My father was a fisherman,and thought it was a beautiful name."

"I thought you were a Latina?"

"I am, just adopted by Greeks." She took a deep breath," They looked for me after the robbery. They sent a young man to search. They're getting older and couldn't do themselves."Her voice was shaking now," Louie found him, and I watched as he lifted a dagger pointed at his heart. I turned away quickly, only hearing his screams. It's awful knowing that he'd still be alive if it wasn't for me." I watched as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"It's not your fault, not your parents, it's Louie's. He's the one that killed him, not you." She looked up and gave me a small grateful smile.

She quickly wiped her eyes and sighed."It was nice talking Princess, I'm going to go to sleep." I hadn't realized that the moon was out yet, it was a beautiful full moon. It was so bright, I wouldn't have noticed night had fallen if Teresa hadn't told me.

"Call me Tori, please, I hate being called Princess." She nodded.

"Alright, good night Tori."

  "Good night Teresa." She went into a nearby tent and came out with a blanket. " Nights are cold in the forest." She tried her best to put it around me.

  "Thank you, for everything." She smiled and and went into the tent. I took a deep breath of the cold forest air and watched night sky twinkle with stars.