The Royal Ambush

Tori's P.o.V

  "Are we almost there? I'm getting really hungry." I say. No one in the group listens to me, except Chris. He's only doing it because he sees me as his monarch, not his friend. That and his horse is hitched onto the wagon next to mine.

"I believe we are almost there, Princess. However, we just ate our dinner." It's hard to get used to the fact that lunch is "dinner" and dinner is "supper".

"Is it time for supper yet? " I ask hopefully.

"Yes..." He says," in a couple of hours." He's smiling.

"Haha, hilarious." I tell him.

"Of course I'm hilarious, Princess, I'm a man of many talents." He says laughing. I laugh too, his laugh is contagious.

"Call me Tori."

"I'm sor-sorry. What?" He says surprised.

"Call me Tori, that's my name."

"Oh, alright...Tori." He says shyly.

  "Shh..." Teresa interrupts, "I hear something." She rides slowly, Parker following her close behind.

  *Snap*

A branch breaks.

  We all follow quietly, jumping off the horses. Teresa and Parker go behind some bushes to find what's making the noise. I hold my breath, praying we don't get captured by bandits, again.

"We found her!" A guard says as he emerges from the bushes. At least twenty of them are behind him, crossbows in hand. "Save the princess!" He commands.

Everything seems to go in slow motion. The guards quickly grab Teresa and Parker, and soon Chris. I'm surrounded as they "protect" me. I can slightly see Parker trying to escape, yelling that they are making a mistake. The guard crashes his crossbow on his head to shut him up. I hear Teresa scream, or was it me? I soon see Parker's face covered in blood, and the last thing I see is the blue sky before my world turns black for what seems like the millionth time.