Into the Moonlit Forest

Parker's P.o.V

  "Let's go!" I shout as I hop onto my horse. I watch as Sarah climbs onto her's expertly. Alexander quietly curses as he struggles to get on his.

  "You need help?" Sarah says as she gets off her horse and goes next to Alexander.

"I'm fine." He manages to mumble as he continues struggling.

  "If someone kidnapped the princess and were to kill her in two days you'd still be trying to get on your horse." I say as I watch his prideful self keep trying. He flips me off when Sarah turns away. "Help the poor man out, Sarah. For goodness sake."

  She shrugs and almost lifts him up as he jumps on. He finally gets on. She goes back onto to hers. I'd expect her to know less about horses, considering she works indoors. Especially since it's the 17 or 18 century, women had no rights. She would never be allowed to ride a horse astride.

"The moon seems to be on our side," says Sarah," it lights up the entire forest. Is that where we're searching?"

"Definitely, let's get going."

"Who made you the leader?" Alexander ask.

"I'm the only one Tori knows from here," Alexander opens his mouth to protest but closes it when I add,"and doesn't hate." We head into the forest at a trot.

"Whatever, peasant. I need to find her to get married."

"What's the whole deal about you two getting married anyway?" I ask as we ride along side in the moonlit forest.

"I found out that she was going to have to marry a forty year old king if they didn't find any other Nobles or monarchs."

"That's gross, but how did you know you were going to be a noble?"

"Because I'm badass like that, now shut up and keep going." He grumbles.

"Everything alright back there?" Sarah ask. I hadn't noticed she was already about 30 feet ahead of us.

"Yes," I say as I roll my eyes at Alexander," just fine."