The Truth

"What?" I hear myself say. I shouldn't be talking, this guy's a psychopath. Kidnapping two young adults and somehow freezing another 20 something people? Psychopath, for sure.

  "I said you are going to travel through time. We have to get rid of those who know, and this is the only way besides killing you."

  "What do we know?" Parker's voice is shakey, either from anger or fear.

  The shadow psycho smiles." The Mandela Effect, no one truly believes it. Those that claim otherwise are lairs, and they think it's because the world ended. Or we crossed into another dimension. You know Parker, you and your friend are the only ones who truly know." Parker's face drops, as if what the man said somehow was true. Now I'm confused.

  "We know what? Parker what is he talking about?"

  "Don't play dumb, you two know that we are obviously not in different dimensions. Simply time travelers that have accidentally changed the future. Now that you two have discovered us there's nothing else to do but make you join us."

  "Parker?" He closes his eyes, and turns away. "Parker? Is that true? You know something?" The shadow man seems confused too now.

  "She doesn't know, does she?" He looks towards Parker.

  "No!" He leaps towards him with only chains keeping him from shredding him to pieces.His voice echoed throughout the whole room, surprising both the shadow man and I."She doesn't know anything about it! You shouldn't have taken her!" So it's true, everything the man said is true.

  The man smirks, then walks to me. I still can't see his face, even when he's so close."Then I guess it's too late now,isn't it? Now that she knows she'll suffer the consequences too." He says looking at Parker. He's only holding my face to anger him, and it's obviously working.

  "Let her go! She doesn't deserve any of this! She's clueless!" Gee thanks Parker.

  "I prefer Mean Girls, but Clueless is a good movie too." I say, stating simple facts.

  "Whatever." Shadow Man says. "The guards will be back with your belongings, we'll let you go."

  "Thank goodness, we won't tell anyone about this if that's what you're worried about." Parker says, finally calming down.

  "We? Oh no, we'll let you go, she stays."