The Escape

"Are you sure about this, Tori?" Parker whispers to me in the dark hallway.

"No—," I see his panicked face,"Yes, I meant to say yes. Come on, this way." We take a turn. Thank goodness Shadow Man forgot to lock the shuttle and the room we were in, and I found an empty hallway to escape.

"Tori, did you hear that?" I stop and listen, voices.

" You know he didn't kill them because of that." What?

"Maybe it's all a coincidence, she didn't know." She? Like, me?

"Look, all I'm saying is that it's the only reason that he wouldn't kill her. He knows it'd kill him." Killing me would kill Shadow Man? "What was that?" I hear.

"Sorry" I hear Parker say. I look down. He dropped a bag of gold coins. I hadn't noticed, I was to intrigued by the guard's conversation.

"And here they are." I hear from behind me. I turn and see two big guards. I can't help it, I kick one of them... in the nuts.

"Tori!" I hear Parker yell, a third surprised, another third angry, and the final third laughing.

"I panicked!" I yell. The second guard lunges towards me, his feet off the ground. Parker runs and pushes him to the side, inches from my face. He falls to the ground. The first one gets up again and punches Parker, and I jump on the guard's back. It's like a piggyback ride, except that I'm choking him as Parker gets up and punches him back. He grabs the other guard's walkie-talkie and throws it at the guy's face. He falls backwards, with me on his back. I jump off, landing on Parker.

"Owwwww..." He groans.

"Payback for the flyer." I laugh. "Let's go before they call for back up." I grab a tazer from a guard. I watched as Parker gets a gun instead.

"More protection." He shrugs. We take off running into the darkness.