Chapter 27

Tyler and I left, this time through the front door. When we got to his house, his parents were sitting on the couch. "Hey where ya been?" Chris asked casually.

"Is it okay if we stay at my family's house for the night?"

"Of course, is everything okay?" Kelly seemed worried.

"We'll explain later." I called out as I ran to my room to get stuff for the night. Tyler packed quicker than I and came into my room while I was still throwing stuff into a bag. As I tried to go through the door, he stopped me. "Can I get through?"

"First, answer my question. Are you really planning on moving back in with your dad?"

"Seriously, Tyler? I don't know right now. Is it really that big of a deal?" I tried again to push past him but he wouldn't let me. "Damn it move."

"Can we talk about this?"

"Later!" I finally got around him and ran back to my house. I heard Tyler's footsteps behind me. I opened my front door and saw Rayna sitting on the couch, curled up in a blanket like a burrito and my dad in the chair. "Hey Rayna, hey dad." I went downstairs and threw my stuff on my old bed and ran back upstairs. I plopped on the couch next to Rayna and hugged her. Tyler sat on the other side of me.

"Hello, Tyler. How have you been, kid?"

"Hey Mr. L/n I've been okay, how about you?"

"I've been okay. And please, call me Francis. My future son-in-law can call me by my first name."

"Dad!"

Rayna laughed, "shut up we all know it's true!" My dad and Rayna were laughing while Tyler and I were getting more and more uncomfortable.

After a while, Rayna went to sleep in her room and my dad went to his room because my mom was in the guest room. Tyler and I were cuddling on the couch watching various Disney movies. "Babe," Tyler whispered as he combed his fingers through my hair. "Do you want to move back in with your dad and Rayna? And be entirely honest. Not that I think you wouldn't be honest."

I knew exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't know how to tell him. "Well, I mean," he stopped me by kissing my forehead.

"Say no more. Tomorrow I will tell my mom that we need to get your stuff back home." Slight disappointment was in his voice.

"You aren't mad?"

"Why would I be mad? I'm not mad at you for wanting to live at home. Am I going to miss you tremendously? Of course. But I would never be mad at you. Now go to sleep kid." Obviously not wanting to talk anymore, Tyler shut the T.V. off and curled closer to me.

The next morning, I woke up with my face in a pillow and the sound of Tyler's voice in a nearby room. He was talking to my dad. In hopes he wasn't talking about me again, I got up and found them in my dad's office. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Tyler greeted me with a kiss. "Sleep well?"

"Yea, you were the best pillow." I yawned and hugged him from the side. "What were you dorks talking about?"

"Uh, sports?" Tyler answered, doubting his own answer.

I turned to face my dad, "what were you really talking about?"

"What do we always talk about?" My dad's comment confirmed my fears. "Don't worry, he only said good things. Well, almost." His lighthearted expression turned stern. "Why didn't I know you got suspended? What did you do?"

I sighed. Well, he was gonna find out sooner or later. "I kneed a bitch in the nose."

My dad shook his head in disappointment. "Please tell me she deserved it."